Error: (sequence xxxxxx) is confused in table tablename (xxx)

Can anybody provide a bit more detail on this one?  I'm mostly confused
about what 'confused' means here.

For example "Data Page 78748 (sequence 24126) is confused"

Does that mena that data page 78748 should be sequence 24126 or that it
is sequence 24126 and should not be.. or is it a problem with the next
page pointer....

Any thoughts?  We're trying to narrow down our search on some database
corruption (intermittant, only happens to some customer..of course).
We've already eliminated hardware and OS/Software setup issues..which
means something in our application must not be behaving ;-)

Re:Error: (sequence xxxxxx) is confused in table tablename (xxx)

brenden walker wrote:
> Can anybody provide a bit more detail on this one?  I'm mostly
> confused about what 'confused' means here.

> For example "Data Page 78748 (sequence 24126) is confused"

> Does that mena that data page 78748 should be sequence 24126 or that
> it is sequence 24126 and should not be.. or is it a problem with
> the next page pointer....

        This error is discussed here:

http://bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,27103,00.html

> Any thoughts?  We're trying to narrow down our search on some database
> corruption (intermittant, only happens to some customer..of course).
> We've already eliminated hardware and OS/Software setup issues..which
> means something in our application must not be behaving ;-)

        See if this helps:

http://delphi.weblogs.com/stories/storyReader$232

        HTH,

        -Craig