DBi-Functions Where are t

DC>G'Day,
DC>      I have been trying to locate the dbi-functions
DC>(eg: DbiRegenIndex, DBIDoRestructure...etc), but have
DC>had no luck finding them in my Delphi tree. I am
DC>running D1, I hope they are available for this version.

DC>Any help locating these functions would be much appreciated.

DC>Thanks,
DC>      Darryl Cording.

Same here for D2 Desktop.  I can't find these functions listed
anywhere and I have done a search through every file in the Delphi
directories and subdirectories.

Please let me know where they are covered in the help files.

Warren

Re:DBi-Functions Where are t

Warren Lee wrote:

> DC>G'Day,
> DC>      I have been trying to locate the dbi-functions
> DC>(eg: DbiRegenIndex, DBIDoRestructure...etc), but have
> DC>had no luck finding them in my Delphi tree. I am
> DC>running D1, I hope they are available for this version.

> DC>Any help locating these functions would be much appreciated.

> DC>Thanks,
> DC>      Darryl Cording.

> Same here for D2 Desktop.  I can't find these functions listed
> anywhere and I have done a search through every file in the Delphi
> directories and subdirectories.

> Please let me know where they are covered in the help files.

> Warren

Look at the help file BDE.HLP. This describes all of the BDE functions,
parameters required, etc. Also, in D1 look at DBIPROCS.INT and
DBITYPES.INT in the DOCS subdirectory. In D2 look at BDE.INT in the DOCS
subdirectory. These are the interface sections of the wrapper units for
the BDE functions.

-Bryan

Re:DBi-Functions Where are t

Warren Lee wrote:

> DC>G'Day,
> DC>      I have been trying to locate the dbi-functions
> DC>(eg: DbiRegenIndex, DBIDoRestructure...etc), but have
> DC>had no luck finding them in my Delphi tree. I am
> DC>running D1, I hope they are available for this version.

> DC>Any help locating these functions would be much appreciated.

> DC>Thanks,
> DC>      Darryl Cording.

> Same here for D2 Desktop.  I can't find these functions listed
> anywhere and I have done a search through every file in the Delphi
> directories and subdirectories.

> Please let me know where they are covered in the help files.

> Warren

If Delphi is properly installed, the help is in:

c:\program files\borland\common files\idapi\bde32.hlp

--
Robert Cerny - application designer & developer

Re:DBi-Functions Where are t

Borland wants you to shell out $15 or so and buy the little book, the
User's Guide to the BDE.  I think it comes with one of the C compilers, in
any case it documents all the BDI functions with C syntax -- not much of a
problem.  It'll be nice if that BDE32.hlp is on my other machine...

Other Threads