TApTable question (TTable replacement from Advantage)

Hi there,

Has anybody got the TApTable for Delphi3 from Advantage? I'm looking for
a TTable replacement so that I can skip the BDE when reading in a DBF
file. I haven't yet found components that are faster than the BDE. Maybe
someone can tell me of there experiences with TApTable (reading,
querying, filtering speeds etc.)?

Greetings,

Craig Manley.
--
E-mail:
        c.man...@tip.nl

Re:TApTable question (TTable replacement from Advantage)

Craig,

If you are running D3 and require extra speed for traversing large files
you can set your own buffer and do block reads and writes. It's a little
bit of work but can speed up processing significantly.

Garry Kernan

Craig Manley wrote:

> Hi there,

> Has anybody got the TApTable for Delphi3 from Advantage? I'm looking for
> a TTable replacement so that I can skip the BDE when reading in a DBF
> file. I haven't yet found components that are faster than the BDE. Maybe
> someone can tell me of there experiences with TApTable (reading,
> querying, filtering speeds etc.)?

> Greetings,

> Craig Manley.
> --