Clearing the User Output Screen

Hi.

I'm learning TP 7.0 for DOS.  I need to clear the user output screen.  That
is every time the program is run, the output screen stuff is cleared and
ready for the new.

Anybody know?

Kevin

Re:Clearing the User Output Screen

> I'm learning TP 7.0 for DOS.  I need to clear the user output screen.  That
> is every time the program is run, the output screen stuff is cleared and
> ready for the new.
> Anybody know?

   Doesn't ClrScr do what you want?

Re:Clearing the User Output Screen

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 22:32:29 -0700, mrc...@primenet.com (Mike Copeland)
wrote:

>> I'm learning TP 7.0 for DOS.  I need to clear the user output screen.  That
>> is every time the program is run, the output screen stuff is cleared and
>> ready for the new.
>> Anybody know?

>   Doesn't ClrScr do what you want?

ClrScr will work, it's in the Crt TPU, so the ststement "USES Crt;"
needs to be near the top of yuour code to use it.  If you can't use
TPUs (like as part of an assignment rerstriction) you can clear the
screen by looping Writeln 26 times

VAR i := Byte;

BEGIN
  FOR i := 1 TO 26 DO Writeln;  {This will clear the screen}
.
.
.
END.

-dave

Kevin Long wrote:
> Hi.

> I'm learning TP 7.0 for DOS.  I need to clear the user output screen.  That
> is every time the program is run, the output screen stuff is cleared and
> ready for the new.

> Anybody know?

> Kevin

Uses CRT;

ClrScr;

 This can be easily obtained from TP Help. Note that CRT=Cathodic Ray Tube ;-)

Aitor

Re:Clearing the User Output Screen

JRS:  In article <y%bd4.202264$5r2.544...@tor-nn1.netcom.ca> of Thu, 6
Jan 2000 21:15:09 in news:comp.lang.pascal.borland, Kevin Long

<kl...@netcom.ca> wrote:
>I'm learning TP 7.0 for DOS.  I need to clear the user output screen.  That
>is every time the program is run, the output screen stuff is cleared and
>ready for the new.

If you have a slow (<~200MHz) PC and/or a patched version of TP, use
ClrScr in the Crt unit.

If you have neither, best to install Pedt's Crt unit, see FAQs.

If you don't want to do that immediately,

        for J ;= 1 to 50 do Writeln ;

will work quite well enough and is highly portable.

Other approaches are in my pas-extn.htm and in TSFAQP #117.