Compiler error 88

Can someone please explain exactly what this compiler error 88 means?
It stops at a procedure call between two parameters.  It says there is
a '(' expected. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks
danima...@hotmail.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:Compiler error 88

<throws crystal ball out window>  post the relevant parts of your code:
the procedure definition, the procedure call, and any user-defined types
used as parameters.  or the whole program if it's small :)

(clpb added to ng list, since specific error # was given)

humplik...@my-deja.com wrote:

: Can someone please explain exactly what this compiler error 88 means?
: It stops at a procedure call between two parameters.  It says there is
: a '(' expected. What am I doing wrong?
: Thanks
: danima...@hotmail.com

: Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
: Before you buy.

Re:Compiler error 88

>Can someone please explain exactly what this compiler error 88 means?

It means that the compiler writer was lazy, and didn't add textual versions
for errormessages. (which can also be out of memory considerations)

Maybe it can be looked up in a manual, but since you don't specify a
compiler, the people in the group will be unable to tackle this problem
using their vast archive of manuals.

>It stops at a procedure call between two parameters.  It says there is
>a '(' expected. What am I doing wrong?

Probably that the identifier of the first procedure isn't a variable but a
function or procedure.

Other Threads