Windows Help : Sequential tasking?

I am writing a short (Windows 3.1) program which needs to run other external
exe's (also Windows 3.1) and ** wait for them to finish ** before going on.

With Turbo Pascal for Windows 1.5, the only way I can find to do that is:
  Instance:=WinExec(ProgramPath,SW_ShowNormal);
  While (0<GetModuleFilename(Instance,FileName,256)
        and (Filename=ProgramPath) Do Yield;

This loop seems like kludge too me.
Isn't there a better way?  (This wouldn't be an issue under DOS.)

The point of the project is to create a network program launcher for Windows.
We are being ?upgraded? from OS/2.  Under OS/2, icons for network programs
would run a batch file to attach needed network resources before launching
the application.  We wish to duplicate this behaviour for program items
in the Program Manager of Windows 3.1 with a Novell 4 network.
(Don't suggest Win95/98, our 8meg '386's are slow enough already.)

  |\/|                          ||  Burnaby South Secondary School
  |  |orew...@planeteer.com     ||    Beautiful British Columbia
Mathematics & Computer Science  ||             (Canada)

P.S. Off topic: How do I get our (pentium) Windows 95 stations to STOP
automatically logging with an old ID that no longer has access to the
required resources?  I've searched through the network properties and
control panel settings and haven't found where it is storing the
defunct ID.

Re:Windows Help : Sequential tasking?

Hello Mr. Morewood. Your ex student talking here :)
I can't help you with writing a Pascal program that waits for an instance to
finish, but I can suggest a program called TakeCommand that will do what you
need for the schools network.
It's like REXX with a GUI for DOS, NT, win 3.1/95, etc.. It can even exec
REXX commands.
The one you might be interested in is at http://www.jpsoft.com/tcmddes.htm

About the win95 logging in problem: Check control panel > TweakUI > Network
tab
If you don't have TweakUI in the Control Panel (very very weird)
Download it from Microsoft at:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/downloads/contents/wutoys/nttweakui/...
.asp?site=ntw
After you install, go to the Network Tab.
Change the user/pass to whatever the present are.

<19981206.7FC11E8.7...@van1p27.planeteer.com>...

Rob Morewood wrote:

> P.S. Off topic: How do I get our (pentium) Windows 95 stations to STOP
> automatically logging with an old ID that no longer has access to the
> required resources?  I've searched through the network properties and
> control panel settings and haven't found where it is storing the
> defunct ID.

I have the same problem with a notebook that was configured to log onto
a now defunct network.  I was told that there is nothing to be done if
the network password is NOT the same as the windows password on the
workstation, short of reistalling os on workstation.  I will be
interested to see if someone does have an answer.
--
Jim Roberts, Los Angeles, CA, USA        jsrobe...@jsroberts.com

Re:Windows Help : Sequential tasking?

Jim Roberts heeft geschreven in bericht <3674D947.BB5FE...@jsroberts.com>...

>Rob Morewood wrote:

>> P.S. Off topic: How do I get our (pentium) Windows 95 stations to STOP
>> automatically logging with an old ID that no longer has access to the
>> required resources?  I've searched through the network properties and
>> control panel settings and haven't found where it is storing the
>> defunct ID.

>I have the same problem with a notebook that was configured to log onto
>a now defunct network.  I was told that there is nothing to be done if
>the network password is NOT the same as the windows password on the
>workstation, short of reistalling os on workstation.  I will be
>interested to see if someone does have an answer.
>--

I think I don't completly understand the problem, but I think the option
primary network logon in the network neighboorhoud properties should be set
to Windows logon.
Also, there's an option "log on to NT domain" somewhere.
>Jim Roberts, Los Angeles, CA, USA        jsrobe...@jsroberts.com

Other Threads