Having problems with TIFF images...

Has anyone worked with TIFF images?

I've got tons of scanned images that need to be saved to a database.

Doug.

--

What wonders will you see today?

------------------------ ANTI-SPAM DEVICE --------------------------
Remove _NOSPAM_ from reply to reply - Thanks
----

Re:Having problems with TIFF images...

D. T. Pavik wrote:

> Has anyone worked with TIFF images?

> I've got tons of scanned images that need to be saved to a database.

        If you just need to get them in the database I suggest
you convert them to some other format, using Paint Shop Pro.
If you wish to scan images in your program, use a TWAIN compatible
component ( search DSP ).

|||  Amir Wald /// AmirW...@writeme.com  |||

Re:Having problems with TIFF images...

No I've done that. I need to display them also. --- Good News... Under NT
and now Win95 Kodak allows the use of the OCX's of their imaging program
for development. I can't redidtribute the individual files, however, I can
redistribute the whole program (it's free by the way) and it would need to
be installed prior to running my app.

It took a few minutes to install the ocx's and drop them on a form. It was
three items and three lines of code to scan and display in a window.

Pretty easy once I'd figured it out.

Doug.

Amir Wald <amir.w...@ipc.co.il> wrote in article
<34DDD68B.D7838...@ipc.co.il>...
| D. T. Pavik wrote:
| >
| > Has anyone worked with TIFF images?
| >
| > I've got tons of scanned images that need to be saved to a database.
| >
|       If you just need to get them in the database I suggest
| you convert them to some other format, using Paint Shop Pro.
| If you wish to scan images in your program, use a TWAIN compatible
| component ( search DSP ).
|
| --
| |||  Amir Wald /// AmirW...@writeme.com  |||

Other Threads