Briefcase model

I need to develop a briefcase like application.  I tought about using
Access' replicas to do the trick.  Is it a good idea?  Will it be easy to
synchronize the databases replicas within my Delphi code?

What are my other options?  I only have a little budget and need it done for
yesterday...

--
Frdric Glinas
FriscoBay

Re:Briefcase model

Lookup ClientDataSet component in Delphi.

"Frederic Gelinas" <freder...@friscobay.com> wrote in message

> I need to develop a briefcase like application.  I tought about using
> Access' replicas to do the trick.  Is it a good idea?  Will it be easy to
> synchronize the databases replicas within my Delphi code?

> What are my other options?  I only have a little budget and need it done
for
> yesterday...

> --
> Frdric Glinas
> FriscoBay

Re:Briefcase model

> Lookup ClientDataSet component in Delphi.

Well, it seems a lot of work... with the replica function of Access, I only
have to develop my desktop app normally, and syncrhonize when needed.  Zero
coding, Zero learning.  I already started it this way. If I can't find out
how to synchronize the databases in code, the users will have to open Access
and do it manually (no problems because they are all power-users).

What are the advantages/disadvantages of using ClientDatasets ?

Other Threads