Problem - Delphi + ADO + Access + Cyrillic

Problem is in next,

I need to read/write data in Access database on Cyrillic.

When I write data in Access in Delphi I get "??????", and when I write data
with Delphi in Access I get "*#-..." (scum).

Thank you all,
Igor
mail: imav...@sezampro.yu

Re:Problem - Delphi + ADO + Access + Cyrillic

"Igor Mavric" <imav...@sezampro.yu> wrote in message <news:acimcn$kqf$1@oralin.beotel.net>...
> Problem is in next,

> I need to read/write data in Access database on Cyrillic.
> When I write data in Access in Delphi I get "??????", and when I write data
> with Delphi in Access I get "*#-..." (scum).

I think that you do not use localized version of Access (Office)

Re:Problem - Delphi + ADO + Access + Cyrillic

As I know localized version of Access (Office) is not needed because Access
2000 uses Unicode to store data.

Besides that, in Visual Basic I get all data correct.

regards,
Igor

"Igor Mavric" <imav...@sezampro.yu> wrote in message <news:acl20b$r4t$1@oralin.beotel.net>...
> As I know localized version of Access (Office) is not needed because Access
> 2000 uses Unicode to store data.

> Besides that, in Visual Basic I get all data correct.

Problem is not in Access itself but in ADO (OLE DB Provider) - does it
support cyrillic. I have a localized version for Office 2000 and I
have no problems with D5+ADO+Access2000

Other Threads