Restricting values in a DBGrid Column

Three persistent fields in my DBGrid may only contain integers between
1 and 10. Neiither OnValidate nor OnChange seem to restrict the value.
I set the Min and Max values for the field, but for some reason I
cannot seem to figure out where to place the exception handler when
EDatabaseError is raised.

Obviously I am not doing something correctly, assistance please.

Ken P.

Re:Restricting values in a DBGrid Column

In article <ocsc7uguvqv43ifhef9l69c7rhve351...@4ax.com>, KP

<kael...@nettaxi.com> writes:
>Three persistent fields in my DBGrid may only contain integers between
>1 and 10. Neiither OnValidate nor OnChange seem to restrict the value.
>I set the Min and Max values for the field, but for some reason I
>cannot seem to figure out where to place the exception handler when
>EDatabaseError is raised.

You should control the values in the data file, not in the grid. Which database
are you using?
Too old to work

Re:Restricting values in a DBGrid Column

I'm using and Access DB via ADO.

KP

plwarring...@aol.comnospam (Pat White) wrote in message <news:20020226065753.02708.00000092@mb-mi.aol.com>...
> In article <ocsc7uguvqv43ifhef9l69c7rhve351...@4ax.com>, KP
> <kael...@nettaxi.com> writes:

> >Three persistent fields in my DBGrid may only contain integers between
> >1 and 10. Neiither OnValidate nor OnChange seem to restrict the value.
> >I set the Min and Max values for the field, but for some reason I
> >cannot seem to figure out where to place the exception handler when
> >EDatabaseError is raised.

> You should control the values in the data file, not in the grid. Which database
> are you using?
> Too old to work

Other Threads