xyz.gdb not a valid database

Hi all!

I saw that many people have this error, but I couldn't find any solution to
this.
I got back the database of a customer and when I tryed to
open it in my application I got the error code -902 (Connection
authorization failure)
when trying to attach to the database (I check if there are more than 1
connection to the database with API).

When I run the gfix or gbak tools I get the error from the subject.

The funny thing is that the customer can start the application and connect
to the database :)

What can this be?!

Any thoughts apreciated!

Thanks
Mario

Re:xyz.gdb not a valid database

If you got backed up copy of database you have to restore it before
attaching to it. (blabla/gbak -r sourcefile destinationfile -user
a -password b)
But in case they sent you just a file copy made by operating system - you
have a big chance of receiving corrupted database.

Cheers
Igor

"Mario" <m.dam...@gantner.com> wrote in message

> Hi all!

> I saw that many people have this error, but I couldn't find any solution
> this.
> I got back the database of a customer and when I tryed to
> open it in my application I got the error code -902 (Connection
> authorization failure)
> when trying to attach to the database (I check if there are more than 1
> connection to the database with API).

> When I run the gfix or gbak tools I get the error from the subject.

> The funny thing is that the customer can start the application and connect
> to the database :)

> What can this be?!

> Any thoughts apreciated!

> Thanks
> Mario

Re:xyz.gdb not a valid database

Meanwhile I found out what was!
The mail server from their side was scanning all atachements and did
something to the file (dont know what!).
He sent the file through another mail server and it is ok now!

But still, interesting...
One can loose a lot of time because of a problem like this...

"Igor" <igor@nospam_obrix.com> wrote in message

> If you got backed up copy of database you have to restore it before
> attaching to it. (blabla/gbak -r sourcefile destinationfile -user
> a -password b)
> But in case they sent you just a file copy made by operating system - you
> have a big chance of receiving corrupted database.

> Cheers
> Igor
> "Mario" <m.dam...@gantner.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all!

> > I saw that many people have this error, but I couldn't find any solution
> > this.
> > I got back the database of a customer and when I tryed to
> > open it in my application I got the error code -902 (Connection
> > authorization failure)
> > when trying to attach to the database (I check if there are more than 1
> > connection to the database with API).

> > When I run the gfix or gbak tools I get the error from the subject.

> > The funny thing is that the customer can start the application and
connect
> > to the database :)

> > What can this be?!

> > Any thoughts apreciated!