Recording wav files

Win98:

I am having problems with a simple app to record wav files from a mic.
TMediaPlayer seems to behave in all other ways; I can play wav, avi etc.
I have tried with and w/o an existing file of the appropriate name; I
cannot get it to create or modify the file. Code (the directory is set
elsewhere):

  with Player do
    begin
    FileName := 'Record.wav';
    Open;
    Wait := false;
    Notify := false;
    StartRecording;
    end;

What am I missing??

Re:Recording wav files

Go to http://www.bhnet.com.br/~simonet

then click on "How-to Projects" and download the "How to create/save a wave
file" sample application. You'll find everything you need to know there.
Full source is included.

BTW: It's not done using the TMediaPlayer component.

Yours,

Alex Simonetti Abreu
Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Check out Resource Explorer --- The best of its kind.
Athena's Home: http://www.bhnet.com.br/~simonet

Roy Sheridan wrote in message <36B32074.3C240...@orchestration.com>...
>Win98:

>I am having problems with a simple app to record wav files from a mic.
>TMediaPlayer seems to behave in all other ways; I can play wav, avi etc.
>I have tried with and w/o an existing file of the appropriate name; I
>cannot get it to create or modify the file. Code (the directory is set
>elsewhere):

>  with Player do
>    begin
>    FileName := 'Record.wav';