scrollbar in TDBLookupCombobox (was: DBgrid: scrollbar bug?)

[Sorry, it's TDBLookupCombobox, not TDBCombobox]

On Sat, 2 Oct 1999 p...@seznam.cz wrote:

>In article <Pine.LNX.4.02.9909282246230.2158-100...@domesticus.sote.hu>,
>  s-f...@kkt.sote.hu wrote:
>> Hi all,

>> I have a strange problem with a DBGrid: it's scrollbar jumps to the
>> middle when I go down to the 2nd item, and stays there until I reach
>> the last item. The behavior is not affected by the number of items.
>Vertical scrollbar of standard dbgrid works correctly only for non-
>filtered Paradox files.

Yeah, thx, I have finally recognized it (it looks that the online
help is not as magnificient as I thought... :). But my
DBLookupCombobox's lookupfield *is* linked to a non-filtered paradox
table, and yet, it's behaviour is as above. Can it be because of
using a secondary index? If not, any other tips?

>Try my component - TDBGridScr. TDBGridScr is like TDBGrid, but vertical

I will look after it.

Bye:
Circum

 __  @
/  \    _   _                                           Engrd Ferenc
l    | ( \ /  | | (\/)                      mailto:s-f...@kkt.sote.hu
\__/ | |   \_ \_/ I  I                    http://pons.sote.hu/~s-fery

Re:scrollbar in TDBLookupCombobox (was: DBgrid: scrollbar bug?)

I remember that it might depend on the database you use. Some databases do
not return the 'current record' as a number, so they can only check Bof, Eof
or non of these. This will result in
Totally up, totally down, and middle.

I think I found this info somewhere in the VCL sourcecode, about two years
ago. unit  db or dbtables or so? I can't remember....

Hope that helps,

Regards, Pascal/Yogi

Engard Ferenc wrote:
> [Sorry, it's TDBLookupCombobox, not TDBCombobox]

> On Sat, 2 Oct 1999 p...@seznam.cz wrote:

> >In article <Pine.LNX.4.02.9909282246230.2158-100...@domesticus.sote.hu>,
> >  s-f...@kkt.sote.hu wrote:
> >> Hi all,

> >> I have a strange problem with a DBGrid: it's scrollbar jumps to the
> >> middle when I go down to the 2nd item, and stays there until I reach
> >> the last item. The behavior is not affected by the number of items.

> >Vertical scrollbar of standard dbgrid works correctly only for non-
> >filtered Paradox files.

> Yeah, thx, I have finally recognized it (it looks that the online
> help is not as magnificient as I thought... :). But my
> DBLookupCombobox's lookupfield *is* linked to a non-filtered paradox
> table, and yet, it's behaviour is as above. Can it be because of
> using a secondary index? If not, any other tips?

> >Try my component - TDBGridScr. TDBGridScr is like TDBGrid, but vertical

> I will look after it.

> Bye:
> Circum

>  __  @
> /  \    _   _                                           Engrd Ferenc
> l    | ( \ /  | | (\/)                      mailto:s-f...@kkt.sote.hu
> \__/ | |   \_ \_/ I  I                    http://pons.sote.hu/~s-fery

Other Threads