BDE- How to configure client's BDE load from network drive

We are trying to run Delphi 4 executable (NOT c/s) on a network drive.
The client machine is using BDE on the network drive as well  (i.e., BDE
is not resident on the local machine, but only on the server).

Previously we read here that one can add a couple of lines to the
client's WIN.INI to do this.

What is the code that we need?

Where in the WIN.INI does it get placed?

Thanks  (in advance) for all of your help.

Sam Jackendoff

Re:BDE- How to configure client's BDE load from network drive

The client machine must have a runtime installation of BDE.

Search for directories like 'Runtime' or 'Distribution' in Delphi CD.

<36374C68.220EB...@datanow.org>...

>We are trying to run Delphi 4 executable (NOT c/s) on a network drive.
>The client machine is using BDE on the network drive as well  (i.e., BDE
>is not resident on the local machine, but only on the server).

>Previously we read here that one can add a couple of lines to the
>client's WIN.INI to do this.

>What is the code that we need?

>Where in the WIN.INI does it get placed?

>Thanks  (in advance) for all of your help.

>Sam Jackendoff

Re:BDE- How to configure client's BDE load from network drive

>We are trying to run Delphi 4 executable (NOT c/s) on a network drive.
>The client machine is using BDE on the network drive as well  (i.e., BDE
>is not resident on the local machine, but only on the server).

>Previously we read here that one can add a couple of lines to the
>client's WIN.INI to do this.

The Win.ini is for 16 bit Delphi.
32bit versions of Delphi use the Registry

See the settings in
HKey_local_machine\software\borland\database Engine\

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:BDE- How to configure client's BDE load from network drive

As always - THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.

I try to make a point of reading your responses to as many messages as I
have time for, because your responses are usually so very helpful.

Sam Jackendoff

Brian Bushay TeamB wrote:

> >We are trying to run Delphi 4 executable (NOT c/s) on a network drive.
> >The client machine is using BDE on the network drive as well  (i.e., BDE
> >is not resident on the local machine, but only on the server).

> >Previously we read here that one can add a couple of lines to the
> >client's WIN.INI to do this.

> The Win.ini is for 16 bit Delphi.
> 32bit versions of Delphi use the Registry

> See the settings in
> HKey_local_machine\software\borland\database Engine\

> --
> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
> Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:BDE- How to configure client's BDE load from network drive

Samuel Jackendoff heeft geschreven in bericht
<36394B0C.64A72...@datanow.org>...
|As always - THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP.
|
|I try to make a point of reading your responses to as many messages as I
|have time for, because your responses are usually so very helpful.
|
|Sam Jackendoff

|Brian Bushay TeamB wrote:

|> >We are trying to run Delphi 4 executable (NOT c/s) on a network drive.
|> >The client machine is using BDE on the network drive as well  (i.e., BDE
|> >is not resident on the local machine, but only on the server).
|> >
|> >Previously we read here that one can add a couple of lines to the
|> >client's WIN.INI to do this.
|>
|> The Win.ini is for 16 bit Delphi.
|> 32bit versions of Delphi use the Registry
|>
|> See the settings in
|> HKey_local_machine\software\borland\database Engine\

To make things easier with a lot of machines you could export te applicable
entries to a text-file, name it something like BDE.REG. On the machines
which sould run the BDE, double clicking on the file is enough to load the
entries into the registry, or if you prefer to apply the changes in the
registry yourself, you could do this by remoteregistry.

|> --
|> Brian Bushay (TeamB)
|> Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

  Wilco Boschman.vcf