Allocating LOADS of Memory

How can I allocate, say, 30x64k Buffers in memory and then be able to
read/write to each 64K block quickly?

Gary

nlesu...@aol.com

Re:Allocating LOADS of Memory

On 19 Apr 1998 10:23:06 GMT, nlesu...@aol.com (NLesueur) wrote:

>How can I allocate, say, 30x64k Buffers in memory and then be able to
>read/write to each 64K block quickly?

I would use XMS and simply allocate a 2 MB block of memory, that will
give you the requires memory space without the 64Kb limit.

Peter de Jong
wpdej...@worldonline.nl

Re:Allocating LOADS of Memory

>How can I allocate, say, 30x64k Buffers in memory and then be able to
>read/write to each 64K block quickly?

Use BP7 under Protected mode - you are able to use there 16 MB
(unfortunately only in these 64k-blocks).

Bye,
Stefan
---
please remove the P in my email-adress to answer me
take a look @ my homepage: http://www.sourcenet.home.pages.de/

Re:Allocating LOADS of Memory

Well, it depends on what your target platform is.  If it's DOS real mode,
better used EMS or XMS to get it.  If it's DPMI, then you can use the
GolbalAlloc routine.  In windows, I don't know how.
Posted by dcr...@aol.com   Spam foiling in effect
E-Mail accepted only from AUTHORIZED senders.
Senders not authorized will be rejected

Re:Allocating LOADS of Memory

I'm looking for some Source Code for Turbo Pascal 6?

Other Threads