Help with New event in DBGRID component in DELPHI 2

Please, i need som help on this:

i whant to add a new event to my component DBGRID in delphi 2, ive got
the developer version so it should not be any problems about that.

But my problem are, the event i whant to add is a MouseOver event, so
if the user drags the mouse cursor over the component DBGRID !!

Please this is very important!

//Andreas

Re:Help with New event in DBGRID component in DELPHI 2

On Wed, 21 Aug 1996 10:01:43 GMT, fastw...@sypro.se (Andreas Hammar)
wrote:

>Please, i need som help on this:

>i whant to add a new event to my component DBGRID in delphi 2, ive got
>the developer version so it should not be any problems about that.

>But my problem are, the event i whant to add is a MouseOver event, so
>if the user drags the mouse cursor over the component DBGRID !!

>Please this is very important!

>//Andreas

You need to get the Developer edition which includes the VCL source
code.  There you'll find many examples of how to handle the
WM_MOUSEMOVE event.

The standard function declaration for this event is:
        procedure WMMouseMove(var Message: TWMMouseMove);
                                        message WM_MOUSEMOVE;

You'd also need to derive a class the ancestor of the TDBGrid which
you will find in the VCL source code.

Eric

Other Threads