Anyone using NNTP, SMTP, POP components?

Can anyone relate experiences using NNTP, SMTP or POP3 Delphi3 components?

JH

Re:Anyone using NNTP, SMTP, POP components?

Hi John,

> Can anyone relate experiences using NNTP, SMTP or POP3 Delphi3 components?

I've written my own "wrappers" around the SMTP and POP3 protocols. My TBSMTP
compiles with Delphi 3, while TBPOP3 needs Delphi 4 (I've used "dynamic arrays"
here to implement the message headers).

Both components were written to accompany my Under Construction column in The
Delphi Magazine, and you can download full source code from my website (but you
must buy the magazine for the articles ;-) at www.drbob42.com/tdm

Groetjes,
          Bob Swart (aka Dr.Bob - www.drbob42.com)

Re:Anyone using NNTP, SMTP, POP components?

Hi,

I have used SMTP-component without problems, but wiht POP-component faced
strange error after authetification as follows:

(Connecting...)
State: 1:Connecting
State: 2:Resolving Host
State: 3:Resolved Host
State: 1:Connecting
State: 4:Connected
1. Reply: +OK Xxxxxxx Cyrus POP3 v1.5.2 server ready
Protocoll state: 1
2. Reply: +OK Xxxxxxx Cyrus POP3 v1.5.2 server ready

(Authentificating...)
Error :-2146827274:The protocol reply to a request indicates that there was
an error in the reply
 Reply: -ERR Syntax error
Protocoll state: 2
Message count: -20279

(Disconnecting...)
State: 5:Disconnecting
State: 6:Disconnected
Protocoll state: 0

Message count should have been assigned after having authorization performed
successfully, but the value is something else than it should be. If there is
message in maildrop, message header can be retrieved by using
TopMessage-method but with message box saying invalid operation at current
state. I haven't used component any other way, because I have not enough
time to clear out the problem. If somebody else have any experiences about
that.

About SMTP-component, what especially would You like to know about it? I
have made some kind of automatic alarm messager out of that for sending
alarm messages for example to cellular telephone and works fine on that
application.

John Holmgren wrote in message <6q07aj$hi...@excalibur.flash.net>...
>Can anyone relate experiences using NNTP, SMTP or POP3 Delphi3 components?

>JH

Other Threads