Bug in TDBEdit in combination with the use of an editmask (Delphi6)

I have found a (for me) very annoying bug in TDBEdit. I have TDBEdit
connected with via a TDatasource to a TTable component. This table is
connected to a paradox 7 table. The connected field is of the type A(1) =
char(1). I put a mask on the particular field: >a<;0;_. Now when I try to
edit the field of an existing record (record state=dsBrowse) and the cursor
is at the end of the text in the TDBEdit control, the BeforeEdit event
occurs 2 times (especially with backspace pressed as the first key). When
the cursor is at the start of the text in TDBEdit control, the BeforeEdit
event occurs 1 time, like it should be. For reproduction I can send a small
example.

Roy Damman

dam...@wxs.nl

System: