BDE:-)"Invalid File Name"

Hello, I just got THE most freaking error I could ever get.  I'm working on
a new project with D-2 (Yeah I know I have to move up, but I just feel D2 is
a good tool for what I do), I've created my alias using Database Desktop,
set up my directory and everything right?, well, when I try to access any
table in that directory, the BDE tells me "Invalid Filename".  Now all of
the sudden, none of my projects work now because every time they try to
access a table on their respective aliases, I get the same error..

Please help me I'm desperate, I didn't do anything different from what I did
when I created my other projects, haven't installed anything either, so I do
not know what the heck is going on.

TX

JR

Re:BDE:-)"Invalid File Name"

Juan Rosique skrev i meddelelsen <70dopi$...@sjx-ixn8.ix.netcom.com>...

>Hello, I just got THE most freaking error I could ever get.  I'm working on
>a new project with D-2 (Yeah I know I have to move up, but I just feel D2
is
>a good tool for what I do), I've created my alias using Database Desktop,
>set up my directory and everything right?, well, when I try to access any
>table in that directory, the BDE tells me "Invalid Filename".

This error is due to FAT32 on your HD. I learned that FAT32 came after D2,
and the BDE shipped with this. You have to upgrade your BDE to at least
4.51.  Another errror you can run into is path to long for version5 table.
to get advantange of win95/98 full long filenames the tablelevel should be
raised to level7

best regards Jorn Johanesson

Other Threads