How specify pdox table version when creating a table with TTable

I have an application which I compile with Delphi 1 and Delphi 3, so I use
the 16-bit and 32-bit BDEs.  When I create a table with th following code I
get a table in a format newer than 4.0.

   tblSrc.DatabaseName := 'ALIAS';
   tblSrc.TableName := 'INS_FILE.DB';
   with tblSrc.FieldDefs do begin
    Clear;
    Add('File #', ftString, 15, False);
    Add('Inspect Type', ftString, 15, False);
    Add('Order Date', ftDate, 0, False);
    Add('Order Time', ftString, 8, False);
    Add('Inspect #', ftInteger, 0, False);
    Add('Vendor Code', ftString, 10, False);
    Add('Job #', ftString, 8, False);
    Add('Custom Status', ftString, 12, False);
   end;
   with tblSrc.IndexDefs do begin
    Clear;
    Add('', 'File #;Inspect Type;Order Date;Order Time',
     [ixPrimary, ixUnique]);
   end;
   tblSrc.CreateTable;

How can I create a table which is still in 4.0 format?  The reason I know
that it is not 4.0 is that while I can view it with my Delphi apps, I cannot
view the table with PdoxDOS 4.02.
Thanks,
Mike Rohan
mro...@usinspect.com

Re:How specify pdox table version when creating a table with TTable

Check the Level setting for the Paradox driver in the 32 bit BDE
configuration file and make sure it is 4.

--
Bill

Re:How specify pdox table version when creating a table with TTable

>How can I create a table which is still in 4.0 format?  The reason I know
>that it is not 4.0 is that while I can view it with my Delphi apps, I cannot
>view the table with PdoxDOS 4.02.

do not use type Ftinteger.  Integer field type was not supported on 4.0 table
type.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Michael Rohan skrev i meddelelsen <6oo7m9$b...@forums.borland.com>...

>I have an application which I compile with Delphi 1 and Delphi 3, so I use
>the 16-bit and 32-bit BDEs.  When I create a table with th following code I
>get a table in a format newer than 4.0.

set the tablelevel in BDEadministator, this solves it.

regards
Jorn Johanesson Beekeeper since 1970
EDBi = Beekeeping Multilingual software since 1986
homepages http://wn.com.au/apimo
                      http://home4.inet.tele.dk/apimo
e-mail             ap...@post4.tele.dk

Re:How specify pdox table version when creating a table with TTable

Brian, thanks!  That was it!

>do not use type Ftinteger.  Integer field type was not supported on 4.0
table
>type.

Other Threads