Progratically Change field definition (decimal placeS)

I have a dbase table with several fields that I need to change their
decimal places from 0 to 3. I looked at SQL alter statement but I
could not find what I was looking for..any pointers? examples?

D3.02/BDE4.51

Paul

Re:Progratically Change field definition (decimal placeS)

>I have a dbase table with several fields that I need to change their
>decimal places from 0 to 3. I looked at SQL alter statement but I
>could not find what I was looking for..any pointers?

Alter table allows you to add and drop fields but you can not modify existing
fields.   You either have to use DBIDoRestructure or create a new table and add
the contents of the old table to it.
Or there are a few 3rd party components for restructuring tables

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads