Turning the text cursor off

I have been trying to figure out how to turn the text cursor off in one of
my programs but it seems to me that you have to use software interupts to
turn the cursor off. I tried to write a software interupt to do that but I
can't figure it out. Can some one please help! Also I have a regular IBM PC
and I am using Turbo Pascal 4.0.

Finally what is the difference betweem Turbo Pascal 4.0 and 7.0. I didn't
even know a 7.0 version exsisted. Although I am very happy with 4.0. Does
7.0 have any outstanding features.

I do have too say Pascal in my regards is the best language ever made...
Forget C or C++. Pascal!
--
Matt Ronge

Re:Turning the text cursor off

In article <7qsmqm$...@enews3.newsguy.com>,
Matt Ronge <monkeybr...@mb-software.net> wrote:

:I have been trying to figure out how to turn the text cursor off in one of
:my programs but it seems to me that you have to use software interupts to

 21) How do I turn the cursor off?

 164988 Apr 25 1999 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
 tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers, linked

   All the best, Timo

Digital photos collection at http://www.uwasa.fi/ktt/lasktoim/photo/

Re:Turning the text cursor off

Matt Ronge schrieb in Nachricht <7qsmqm$...@enews3.newsguy.com>...
>Finally what is the difference betweem Turbo Pascal 4.0 and 7.0. I didn't
>even know a 7.0 version exsisted. Although I am very happy with 4.0. Does
>7.0 have any outstanding features.

Seems you do (what we call it in German) live behind the moon. Don't take
it as an offence, but there were many changes, which I do not know that
exactly. Some of them are:
o  Overlays (never used them)
o  OOP      (very important for me)
o  TVision and a new IDE
    (important, too: syntax highlighting)

>I do have too say Pascal in my regards is the best language ever made...
>Forget C or C++. Pascal!

I wish Borland had finished Ver 8. Guys here said it would have had a flat
mode option.

--
  [ http://home.t-online.de/~Matthias.Buechse/ ] - [ Matthias.Buec...@T-Online.de ]
  [ Homepage contents: About Me - TP,TASM,Delphi descriptions - My projects - ... ]

Re:Turning the text cursor off

faq 21 was very helpful and works perfect for turning on/off the visible
cursor -

for comparative programming information :

in fpc (free pascal) :
  under Dos - the 'go32' unit is required for use of port[]
  under Linux - 'ports' unit is required for the use of port[]

Timo Salmi wrote:

> In article <7qsmqm$...@enews3.newsguy.com>,
> Matt Ronge <monkeybr...@mb-software.net> wrote:
> :I have been trying to figure out how to turn the text cursor off in one of
> :my programs but it seems to me that you have to use software interupts to

>  21) How do I turn the cursor off?

>  164988 Apr 25 1999 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
>  tsfaqp.zip Common Turbo Pascal Questions and Timo's answers, linked

>    All the best, Timo

> --
> Prof. Timo Salmi ftp & http://garbo.uwasa.fi/ archives 193.166.120.5
> Department of Accounting and Business Finance  ; University of Vaasa
> mailto:t...@uwasa.fi <http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/>  ; FIN-65101,  Finland
> Digital photos collection at http://www.uwasa.fi/ktt/lasktoim/photo/

Other Threads