TMemo/TRichEdit Boxes Larger Than 64K

Hi all,

I'm writing a simple text editor, but have come across a slight problem
where the TMemo and TRichEdit components can't seem to handle text larger
than 64Kb.

Does anyone know of a way around this?

Thanks!
Jim

Jim McLeod
jim...@zone-empire.com

Re:TMemo/TRichEdit Boxes Larger Than 64K

"Jim McLeod" <jim...@zone-empire.com> wrote in message

> Hi all,

> I'm writing a simple text editor, but have come across a slight problem
> where the TMemo and TRichEdit components can't seem to handle text larger
> than 64Kb.

Set the MaxLength property of the tRichEdit to the desired maximum size.

Re:TMemo/TRichEdit Boxes Larger Than 64K

In Windows 9x a TMemo can only handle 64Kb (or 32Kb, not really clear). A
TRichEdit can handle 2GB, but you will have to set the MaxLength to MaxInt -
2 for this.

"Jim McLeod" <jim...@zone-empire.com> schreef in bericht

> Hi all,

> I'm writing a simple text editor, but have come across a slight problem
> where the TMemo and TRichEdit components can't seem to handle text larger
> than 64Kb.

> Does anyone know of a way around this?

> Thanks!
> Jim