Info on NETAPI.DLL calls required

Does anyone have any info or pointers to info on the use of NETAPI
calls on LAN Manager using Delphi? I have managed to get some calls
working but the trial and error approach is pretty useless here.

Thanks,

Andy.

Re:Info on NETAPI.DLL calls required

I asked about this topic some time ago and had little response. Further, I
have made little progress myself.

I do know that the DLL you have to link to at run time varies depends on
the actual version of Win32 ( Win95,  Win95b or WinNT4) as the functions do
not reside in the same DLLs across versions ( Microsoft - you got it wrong
! )

Maybe if we pool resources on what does work we can develop the the rules
by which the "NetAPI" calls can be implemented ( within a class definition
) so that the nasties are well hidden.

--
Brian Cahill
bcah...@Xreggen.vic.gov.au

Andy Ingham <aing...@rmplc.co.uk> wrote in article
<5gr72h$q5...@panther.rmplc.co.uk>...

In article <01bc3588$3b6db080$9f01a8c0@org_ws059>,

Brian Cahill <bcah...@reggen.vic.gov.au> wrote:
>I asked about this topic some time ago and had little response. Further, I
>have made little progress myself.

>I do know that the DLL you have to link to at run time varies depends on
>the actual version of Win32 ( Win95,  Win95b or WinNT4) as the functions do
>not reside in the same DLLs across versions ( Microsoft - you got it wrong
>! )

I assume you are referring to things like NetUserAdd, NetShareAdd, etc.  For
these, the function calls themselves are quite different in Win95 and WinNT.
For Win95 you have to get the nexus.exe utilities (i.e. Win Nt Server Tools)
from the MS Web Site, the NT Server CD, or Win 95 Service Pack 1 (from the
extra disks for admin. types, not the one compressed file for all users).

You can go to http://www.mindware.com.au/freestuf.htm to get a unit which
defines many of the functions available under Windows 95 once you have
installed the server tools.

I did notice that the Win95 versions of the LM functions use AnsiChar where
the NT versions use WideChar (i.e., UniCode), but I think that the unit is a
good place to get ideas on how to convert the Lan Manager headers to Pascal
Units.

I would love to get something like this working.  I'm particularly
interested in getting the Security API as well as the user, group and
sharing functions.  I've done some work in C using these functions, but it
would be very helpful to have them in Delphi so I can make a nice UI.

--
David Risner                      Southwestern University School of Law
Network Systems Administrator                           Los Angeles, CA

Other Threads