Help! Saving Binary Files

HELP!!!!!

I have loaded a WAV file from an RES. I can play it fine. I now wish
to save it to file for editing. How do I save it?
  Thus far, I have loaded it using the LoadResource
  function. The pointer therefore is loaded into a THandle type.

Thanks in advance!

Sherl...@gim.net

Re:Help! Saving Binary Files

I believe there is a Windows API function called UpdateResource that
can be used with the handle you got from the LoadResource, to "add,
update or delete a resource in an executable file."  This sounds like
the right path.

How did you compile the RES file to hold the WAV files?  I have made
the resource file, but I don't seem to be able to find the file and
play it within Delphi.  Sounds like you figured out how.  Any hints?
*smile*

Thanks,
Ed

"H. L. Arledge" <Sherl...@gim.net> wrote:

>HELP!!!!!
>I have loaded a WAV file from an RES. I can play it fine. I now wish
>to save it to file for editing. How do I save it?
>  Thus far, I have loaded it using the LoadResource
>  function. The pointer therefore is loaded into a THandle type.
>Thanks in advance!
>Sherl...@gim.net

Re:Help! Saving Binary Files

In article <3234657...@dns.amsinc.com>, Edward_Hill...@mail.amsinc.com (Ed Hillmann) wrote:
>I believe there is a Windows API function called UpdateResource that
>can be used with the handle you got from the LoadResource, to "add,
>update or delete a resource in an executable file."  This sounds like
>the right path.

According to the Win32 docs, this is available in NT but not in 95.

Jim.

James A. O'Brien, Director of R&D
Performance Trading Technologies, Inc.      Ask about The Profile Analyzer (tm)
HQ:  1501 Third Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10028      +1 (212) 517-1662
R&D:  132 Cherry Hill Road, Orange CT 06477      +1 (203) 891-8333
Wiz...@PTTI.com      http://www.PTTI.com

Other Threads