NEED LITTLE PROGRAM

> Can somebody help me!
> I need a program with the basic into:
> Like : while, for , case ; arrays and some procedures..not more then
> that!
> I know that for some of you it is very easy to make a program like
> this, but for me it is veeery difficult!
> If you can make a game like "four on a row" or battleship

   I must ask, why are you making this request?  To learn how to program?
To learn how to use the Pascal language?  To complete a school
assignment?  What?
   Your request is so vague (and therefore difficult to deal with),
whatever someone posts would hardly fulfill your real needs, and there's
not much point in our "solving the wrong problem", is there?  Some parts
of your request could certainly be "answered" by reading the manuals,
following a Pascal text, or looking at the online help - something you
can most assuredly do yourself.
   OTOH, if you don't know how to program and wish to learn how the
language statements are used, it's a much bigger task: looking at some
code we post isn't likely to help you understand why a particular
statement is used (versus another way to do the job), and you wouldn't be
able to create your own programs very well from such ambiguous
information.  If, your goal is to learn the construction of Pascal
statements so you can translate a (say) BASIC program to Pascal, that's
yet another need...which would imply different information from us.
   Finally, if you're stuck on a school, assignment, why don't you just
say so - and show you what you've done so far?  That's how things work
here: we operate from the information _you_ supply, such as the
specifications you're dealing with and/or what you've done so far (that
isn't working or making sense).  No one here can read minds, and a wholly
vague request such as yours isn't something we really can deal
effectively with...or much want to, for that matter.  So, being more "up
front" and complete with your pleas for help will result in the best
possible and helpful replies.  Fair enough?

Re:NEED LITTLE PROGRAM

I understand that you don't want to make my homework, it isn't your
job either!
but, i don't ask to make my homework!! i can do it a lone!
I learnt at school to program with pascal(2 years only, not so
much)and  i need to make a program for school. But i'm not able yet to
make a good program!
So i'm asking you if you could make a little program with this
stuff(procedures, arrays, while, case...) inside, just to give me a
good example. The examples from books i cannot take!
Thanks
Ron

Re:NEED LITTLE PROGRAM

Ronald wrote:
> If you can make a game like "four on a row" or battleship

Battleship is really an interesting program. Some years ago it took my
386 all night to just compute the possible number of positions. To
compute the optimal shot I suppose you should have a computer of deep
blue capacity. But, it is just a nice little program

Rommert Casimir, Tilburg University, The Netherlands

Re:NEED LITTLE PROGRAM

Ronald, In most Universities it is somewhat ok to do code-reuse however
you seem to be asking for whole code that you would just modify & submit
as an original work.  How can you claim to have 2 years of experience
and not know the basics of case statements or arrays?  I think you
should follow the suggestion of Mike Copeland(previous post) and
actually write some code and submit it for suggestions.  Ie: Here's how
I declared my array, only now I can get into it.  Any suggetions?
How are you gonna pass a final in this class if you don't know the
basics?

--
Michael Morrison
People who say that there's no such thing as a free lunch have never

Re:NEED LITTLE PROGRAM

Re:NEED LITTLE PROGRAM

here, i'm sending you the program i made!
Tell me if you like it!
It is in dutch!
Bye
ron

Re:NEED LITTLE PROGRAM

Re:NEED LITTLE PROGRAM

begin 644 examen.pas
<uuencoded_portion_removed>
C("`@("`@("`G*3L-"B`@("!R96%D;&X[?0T*("!E;F0N#0I_
`
end

Re:NEED LITTLE PROGRAM

Re:NEED LITTLE PROGRAM

In article <5nrkqg$ib...@rhea.glo.be>, Ronald <b...@glo.be> wrote:

:here, i'm sending you the program i made!

Dear Ronald,

That's nice, but it is futile to post binary material into this
newsgroup. It will not stay. For more on this please see

 13686 Apr 6 1997 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/doc-net/binfaq.zip
 binfaq.zip The Bincancel FAQ by Shaun Davis-Gluyas

 http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/tskirvin/cancel.html
 Cancel Messages: Frequently Asked Questions by Tim Skirvin

 108752 Jun 21 1996 ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/ts/tsfaqn45.zip
 tsfaqn45.zip Questions from Usenet and Timo's answers

   All the best, Timo

mailto:t...@uwasa.fi  <URL:http://uwasa.fi/~ts>  ; FIN-65101,  Finland

Re:NEED LITTLE PROGRAM

Re:NEED LITTLE PROGRAM

Ronald wrote:

> I understand that you don't want to make my homework, it isn't your
> job either!
> but, i don't ask to make my homework!! i can do it a lone!
> I learnt at school to program with pascal(2 years only, not so
> much)and  i need to make a program for school. But i'm not able yet to
> make a good program!
> So i'm asking you if you could make a little program with this
> stuff(procedures, arrays, while, case...) inside, just to give me a
> good example. The examples from books i cannot take!
> Thanks
> Ron

You say you've only had two years of pascal and you can't write a
program with that stuff? I took Comp Sci AP at my school (just one year,
very little prior programming experience) and I could probably do a
program like that. Maybe you should try to do this alone. It will help
you understand all the different things required (procedure, arrays,
while, case, etc. <--- all are really basic in Pascal and if you can't
do that, you're probably dead anyways). And there's nothing like the ego
boost of making a program work or the coffee you overdose on when the
program doesn't work.

Lilly Irani
*Era un da muy sombro. Ella necesitaba un nombre.*
* El nabo sangriento se llam "el cacto borroso" y *
*  la luz se apareci. Y, como esto, Spike naci.  *
* [credit for idea: The {*word*76}y Turnip, canonized   *
*           saint in Lillican Church]              *
*        http://www.netsurge.com/trillian/         *

Re:NEED LITTLE PROGRAM

Trillian wrote:
> Ronald wrote:

> > I understand that you don't want to make my homework, it isn't your
> > job either!
> > but, i don't ask to make my homework!! i can do it a lone!
> > I learnt at school to program with pascal(2 years only, not so
> > much)and  i need to make a program for school. But i'm not able yet
> > make a good program!
> > So i'm asking you if you could make a little program with this
> > stuff(procedures, arrays, while, case...) inside, just to give me a
> > good example. The examples from books i cannot take!
> > Thanks
> > Ron
> You say you've only had two years of pascal and you can't write a
> program with that stuff? I took Comp Sci AP at my school (just one
> year,
> very little prior programming experience) and I could probably do a
> program like that. Maybe you should try to do this alone. It will help

> you understand all the different things required (procedure, arrays,
> while, case, etc. <--- all are really basic in Pascal and if you can't

> do that, you're probably dead anyways). And there's nothing like the
> ego
> boost of making a program work or the coffee you overdose on when the
> program doesn't work.

> Lilly Irani
> --
> *Era un da muy sombro. Ella necesitaba un nombre.*
> * El nabo sangriento se llam "el cacto borroso" y *
> *  la luz se apareci. Y, como esto, Spike naci.  *
> * [credit for idea: The {*word*76}y Turnip, canonized   *
> *           saint in Lillican Church]              *
> *        http://www.netsurge.com/trillian/         *

   come on yall, i've only had 6 mo of pascal (two quarters at my local
college) and i know that much.  in fact, i knew those basics in the
first quarter and i also have only qbasic as prior experience.  Lilly is
right, get your book and do it all by yourself, you'll really feel like
you accomplished something that way.

Other Threads