Board index » delphi » Updtaing Hint dynamically

Updtaing Hint dynamically

Hi,

I would like to update a Hint window (the tray-icon Hint) dynamically, so I
want to view the text of the hint change without to leave the Tray-icon and
return on it to view the updated hint.
help please :)

Thanks in advance

 

Re:Updtaing Hint dynamically


Hi Michael,

Quote
> I would like to update a Hint window (the tray-icon Hint) dynamically, so I
> want to view the text of the hint change without to leave the Tray-icon and
> return on it to view the updated hint.
> help please :)

I never tried myself but you should be able to use the Shell_NotifyIcon method
with the NIM_MODIFY parameter (see the SDK Windows in the Help menu).
There is something similar described here (where the icon changes, but you can
also change the message in a similar way):
http://delphi.about.com/library/weekly/aa122501a.htm

Thrse

Re:Updtaing Hint dynamically


Hi Thrse,

"Thrse Hanquet" <therese.hanq...@skynet.be> a crit dans le message de
news: 3c7ce9f7_2@dnews...

Quote
> Hi Michael,

> I never tried myself but you should be able to use the Shell_NotifyIcon
method
> with the NIM_MODIFY parameter (see the SDK Windows in the Help menu).
> There is something similar described here (where the icon changes, but you
can
> also change the message in a similar way):
> http://delphi.about.com/library/weekly/aa122501a.htm

> Thrse

Doesn't work, to update the hint, I must leave and return to the tray icon
:(

Re:Updtaing Hint dynamically


It's probably not possible with the standard hint, but you could implement
your own hinting mech.

For info on how to do that, dive into TVirtualTreeview written by Mike
Lischke. He implemented just such a thing. Quite low level!

You can also make it even more beautiful by making the hint "fade in" using
alfa blending... etc

Kind regards,

Nils Haeck
www.abc-view.com

Quote
Michael <WartezM...@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3c7c0d73_1@dnews...
> Hi,

> I would like to update a Hint window (the tray-icon Hint) dynamically, so
I
> want to view the text of the hint change without to leave the Tray-icon
and
> return on it to view the updated hint.
> help please :)

> Thanks in advance

Re:Updtaing Hint dynamically


Hi Michael,

Quote
> Doesn't work, to update the hint, I must leave and return to the tray icon
> :(

I have implemented a "changing" Hint in an application where the mouse always
stays on the same control (a TPaintBox) - it works simply by using
Application.ActivateHint. But I don't know if that would work in your case.

Thrse

Other Threads