udp socket close application

Hi,

i had wrote a server application. Now i want to have the possibilty to close
the running application on the clients.

i try to use a udp. There is no problem to get the ip Adress of the users,
but i dont know how i can close the application.

Has anybody an idea?

Thanks

Thomas

Re:udp socket close application

It's been a long time since I worked with UDP but.. The client app is
running a UDP server too, right? Have the server send some data to the
client (or broadcast to all clients) that the client will interpret as
shutdown. If you're using INDY's stuff, use the OnUDPRead event on the
client. For example, a simple implementation would be to call
Application.Terminate when the the event is received.

"Thomas Franz" <thomas.fr...@esv-siershahn.de> wrote in message

> Hi,

> i had wrote a server application. Now i want to have the possibilty to
close
> the running application on the clients.

> i try to use a udp. There is no problem to get the ip Adress of the users,
> but i dont know how i can close the application.

> Has anybody an idea?

> Thanks

> Thomas

Re:udp socket close application

Good Morning Don,

it's not right that on the application is running a udp server. I want to to
create a new application on which the udp server runs. The new application
have two tasks. First to receive all connected clients and second to close
several or all running applications.

I hope you understand what i mean.

Thomas

"Don Strenczewilk" <d...@nospamhammerlitho.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> It's been a long time since I worked with UDP but.. The client app is
> running a UDP server too, right? Have the server send some data to the
> client (or broadcast to all clients) that the client will interpret as
> shutdown. If you're using INDY's stuff, use the OnUDPRead event on the
> client. For example, a simple implementation would be to call
> Application.Terminate when the the event is received.

> "Thomas Franz" <thomas.fr...@esv-siershahn.de> wrote in message
> > Hi,

> > i had wrote a server application. Now i want to have the possibilty to
> close
> > the running application on the clients.

> > i try to use a udp. There is no problem to get the ip Adress of the
users,
> > but i dont know how i can close the application.

> > Has anybody an idea?

> > Thanks

> > Thomas

Re:udp socket close application

Good morining Thomas,

I think I know what you mean. Ideally, you want something like a remote
version of Task Manager that would allow you to end a process running on a
client machine, correct? As far as I know, this is impossible. What I'm
suggesting is to include code in the client app to receive udp data and, in
response to receiving particular data, shut itself down. Clearer?

Don S.

> Good Morning Don,

> it's not right that on the application is running a udp server. I want to
> create a new application on which the udp server runs. The new application
> have two tasks. First to receive all connected clients and second to close
> several or all running applications.

> I hope you understand what i mean.

> Thomas

> "Don Strenczewilk" <d...@nospamhammerlitho.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > It's been a long time since I worked with UDP but.. The client app is
> > running a UDP server too, right? Have the server send some data to the
> > client (or broadcast to all clients) that the client will interpret as
> > shutdown. If you're using INDY's stuff, use the OnUDPRead event on the
> > client. For example, a simple implementation would be to call
> > Application.Terminate when the the event is received.

> > "Thomas Franz" <thomas.fr...@esv-siershahn.de> wrote in message
> > > Hi,

> > > i had wrote a server application. Now i want to have the possibilty to
> > close
> > > the running application on the clients.

> > > i try to use a udp. There is no problem to get the ip Adress of the
> users,
> > > but i dont know how i can close the application.

> > > Has anybody an idea?

> > > Thanks

> > > Thomas

Other Threads