Please Help Me - SQL Required Files

I am connecting to a SQL 7.0 Server with my Delphi Client App.  I am using
BDE.  What DLL files and other files besides the BDE do I need to make this
work on all systems (or would I be better off using ADO, and if that, what
files do I need then).

Re:Please Help Me - SQL Required Files

In article <84r5p4$d9...@bornews.borland.com>, "Techra Software" <webmas...@techrasoft.com> wrote:
>I am connecting to a SQL 7.0 Server with my Delphi Client App.  I am using
>BDE.  What DLL files and other files besides the BDE do I need to make this
>work on all systems (or would I be better off using ADO, and if that, what
>files do I need then).

All you need to do is to install is the SQL Links and the BDE on the Client
Computer. I also recommend that you install the SQL client as well from the
SQL server CD.
Then Configure the BDE to connect to the SQL Server. You should not have any
problems with this.

Re:Please Help Me - SQL Required Files

My advice is, if you are only interested in SQL Server, use SQLQuery from
component-store.com.
Deploying bde, I found, was a nightmare to support...

my 2 cents worth.
--------------------------------

Techra Software wrote:
> I am connecting to a SQL 7.0 Server with my Delphi Client App.  I am using
> BDE.  What DLL files and other files besides the BDE do I need to make this
> work on all systems (or would I be better off using ADO, and if that, what
> files do I need then).

Re:Please Help Me - SQL Required Files

"Techra Software" <webmas...@techrasoft.com> wrote:
>I am connecting to a SQL 7.0 Server with my Delphi Client App.  I am using
>BDE.  What DLL files and other files besides the BDE do I need to make this
>work on all systems (or would I be better off using ADO, and if that, what
>files do I need then).

In the directory where you installed the BDE, there is a file called
bdedeploy.txt which explains what you need.

Phil Cain
--

Re:Please Help Me - SQL Required Files

Thanks for the info.  Also, if I use ADO, what files are required when I
distribute my client application (Connecting to SQL Server)?

"Philip Cain" <philc...@orelle.com> wrote in message

> "Techra Software" <webmas...@techrasoft.com> wrote:

> >I am connecting to a SQL 7.0 Server with my Delphi Client App.  I am
using
> >BDE.  What DLL files and other files besides the BDE do I need to make
this
> >work on all systems (or would I be better off using ADO, and if that,
what
> >files do I need then).

> In the directory where you installed the BDE, there is a file called
> bdedeploy.txt which explains what you need.

> Phil Cain
> --

Re:Please Help Me - SQL Required Files

"Techra Software" <webmas...@techrasoft.com> wrote:
>Thanks for the info.  Also, if I use ADO, what files are required when I
>distribute my client application (Connecting to SQL Server)?

Don't know. Maybe someone else here has been through this already and
can help you out.

Phil Cain
--

Re:Please Help Me - SQL Required Files

The client will need MDAC 2.1 or higher

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000 09:50:25 -0700, "Techra Software"

<webmas...@techrasoft.com> wrote:
>Thanks for the info.  Also, if I use ADO, what files are required when I
>distribute my client application (Connecting to SQL Server)?

>"Philip Cain" <philc...@orelle.com> wrote in message
>> "Techra Software" <webmas...@techrasoft.com> wrote:

>> >I am connecting to a SQL 7.0 Server with my Delphi Client App.  I am
>using
>> >BDE.  What DLL files and other files besides the BDE do I need to make
>this
>> >work on all systems (or would I be better off using ADO, and if that,
>what
>> >files do I need then).

>> In the directory where you installed the BDE, there is a file called
>> bdedeploy.txt which explains what you need.

>> Phil Cain
>> --

Other Threads