BDE - TClientDataset - Idapi32.dll - DBClient.dll - Access violation

Hello there.

I have a recurring problem, that randomly occurs in the application we
developped :

We are working with TClientDatasets that contain 80 to 90 fields (among them
calculated fields and lookup fields). We sometimes get one of the following
error messages, not always the same, when calculating fields or lookup
values (not always on the same fields) :

"Access violation at address... in module dbclient.dll. Read of address ..."
"Access violation at address... in module idapi32.dll. Read of address ..."
"Grid index out of range"

We have not found anything so far to correct the problem. Does anybody have
an idea (versions of the DLLs, version of the BDE, limitations in the number
of fields, or whatsover ????...........)

Thanks for a quick answer.

Re:BDE - TClientDataset - Idapi32.dll - DBClient.dll - Access violation

HAve a look at Dan Misers page with bug fixes fir MIDAS, they solved my
problems.

HTH

dato Denkwerkzeuge - Bernd Maierhofer
Corneliusgasse 4/5