MSSQL 6.5 with BLOB Fields

Hi all,

I tried to insert an image in an image field of MSSQL with Delphi 4 (Update
3)
Here is the code

Table1.Append
Table1IMAGE.LoadFromFile('C:\PIPPO.BMP'),
Table1.Post;

When the statement Post is executed I get the error
"Invalid BLOB Length"

How can I solve this problem?

I'd like to point out that with MSSQL 7.0 (SP1) the same code runs perfectly

Thanks Giancarlo

Re:MSSQL 6.5 with BLOB Fields

Change the "Blob Size" setting in the BDE to a larger number.  The default
is 32K.

Tom deBettencourt
tdeb...@pcrsoft.com

Giancarlo Genovesi wrote in message <7h65s0$l...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hi all,

>I tried to insert an image in an image field of MSSQL with Delphi 4 (Update
>3)
>Here is the code

>Table1.Append
>Table1IMAGE.LoadFromFile('C:\PIPPO.BMP'),
>Table1.Post;

>When the statement Post is executed I get the error
>"Invalid BLOB Length"

>How can I solve this problem?

>I'd like to point out that with MSSQL 7.0 (SP1) the same code runs
perfectly

>Thanks Giancarlo

Re:MSSQL 6.5 with BLOB Fields

Re:MSSQL 6.5 with BLOB Fields

Because I dont know in advance the Blob size I will deal with, I cannot set
the BDE to a
limit size.

Nevertheless that doesn't explain the reason that with MSSQL 7 all run
correctly without making any changes in the BDE

Tom deBettencourt <tdeb...@pcrsoft.com> wrote in message

7h6mms$m...@forums.borland.com...
> Change the "Blob Size" setting in the BDE to a larger number.  The default
> is 32K.

> Tom deBettencourt
> tdeb...@pcrsoft.com

Other Threads