Runtime Error 105

Hi!
Im just starting with Turbo Pascal. I started the Editor with BPW
(Borland Pascal Windows, i assume) and compiled sucessfully. When i try
to start the Programm, i get Runtime Error 105 at 0001:0036.
I use win98 SE, Borland Pascal for windows 7.0.

Is this a common error. What can i do to fix it?

Thanks for your help

Claus

Re:Runtime Error 105

JRS:  In article <3D96ED01.C947B...@gmx.de>, seen in
news:comp.lang.pascal.borland, Claus Behl <claus.b...@gmx.de> posted at
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 14:07:29 :-

>Im just starting with Turbo Pascal. I started the Editor with BPW
>(Borland Pascal Windows, i assume) and compiled sucessfully. When i try
>to start the Programm, i get Runtime Error 105 at 0001:0036.
>I use win98 SE, Borland Pascal for windows 7.0.

>Is this a common error. What can i do to fix it?

Yes, you are probably using Write or Writeln, with nothing to write to;
or Read/Readln.  The online Help should help.

You might find it easier to learn with BP instead of BPW, working in a
DOS prompt box.  Then you will have simpler I/O, but not Windows-style
GUI.

For a Windows program, probably generally better to use Delphi.

  <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt> Pedt Scragg: c.l.p.b. mFAQ;

Re:Runtime Error 105

Dr John Stockton wrote:

> JRS:  In article <3D96ED01.C947B...@gmx.de>, seen in
> news:comp.lang.pascal.borland, Claus Behl <claus.b...@gmx.de> posted at
> Sun, 29 Sep 2002 14:07:29 :-

> >Im just starting with Turbo Pascal. I started the Editor with BPW
> >(Borland Pascal Windows, i assume) and compiled sucessfully. When i try
> >to start the Programm, i get Runtime Error 105 at 0001:0036.
> >I use win98 SE, Borland Pascal for windows 7.0.

> >Is this a common error. What can i do to fix it?

> Yes, you are probably using Write or Writeln, with nothing to write to;
> or Read/Readln.  The online Help should help.

> You might find it easier to learn with BP instead of BPW, working in a
> DOS prompt box.  Then you will have simpler I/O, but not Windows-style
> GUI.

> For a Windows program, probably generally better to use Delphi.

give fpc a try - it has what you want

Other Threads