Data Pump between Interbase DB's

Hi folks,

I have a small question for you.

I have two IB databases, one with data, and one with some slight
modifications to the structure that I need to get the data from the
first one into.

I thought that I might be able to use datapump to pump the data from
the first into the second, but that doesn't seem to work. It
transferes the Meta Data, but none of the actual data.

Is there a way around this short of writing a small program to do it?

Can I use SQL to transfer the information frow within IB Console (I'm
assuming no, because I can't work out how to talk to the tables in the
second DB if I'm in the{*word*128}one.

Thanks.

Peter.

Re:Data Pump between Interbase DB's

Have you tried www.clevercomponents.com - IBDataPump?

--
Martijn Tonies
InterBase Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase and Firebird

Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

"This is an object-oriented system.
If we change anything, the users object."

"Peter Nunn" <pnunn .net> wrote in message

> Hi folks,

> I have a small question for you.

> I have two IB databases, one with data, and one with some slight
> modifications to the structure that I need to get the data from the
> first one into.

> I thought that I might be able to use datapump to pump the data from
> the first into the second, but that doesn't seem to work. It
> transferes the Meta Data, but none of the actual data.

> Is there a way around this short of writing a small program to do it?

> Can I use SQL to transfer the information frow within IB Console (I'm
> assuming no, because I can't work out how to talk to the tables in the
> second DB if I'm in the{*word*128}one.

> Thanks.

> Peter.

Re:Data Pump between Interbase DB's

Greetings,

I recently used "Data Migration Wizard" to migrate my Access 2000 mdb files
to an IB database. It worked wonderfully. I specified the source (db alias)
as well as the destination (another db alias) to my IB db (which was
an empty *gdb file).

It took the structure and data no problem.

The "Data Migration Wizard" I have came with my IntraBuilder Client Server.
It will work between two IB db's in the same way.

Do note I had BDE Aliases set up for each db prior to running the wizard.

I do not know if this "Data Migration Wizard" comes with other Borland C/S
products. I know that they do not offer IntraBuilder anymore. I am using it
at work to develop live web database pages. I am using Version 1.5 C/S.

IHTH,

Bruce VanOrder

Peter Nunn <pn...@pncomputing.net> wrote:
>Hi folks,

>I have a small question for you.

>I have two IB databases, one with data, and one with some slight
>modifications to the structure that I need to get the data from the
>first one into.

>I thought that I might be able to use datapump to pump the data from
>the first into the second, but that doesn't seem to work. It
>transferes the Meta Data, but none of the actual data.

>Is there a way around this short of writing a small program to do it?

>Can I use SQL to transfer the information frow within IB Console (I'm
>assuming no, because I can't work out how to talk to the tables in the
>second DB if I'm in the{*word*128}one.

>Thanks.

>Peter.

Re:Data Pump between Interbase DB's

Thanks Marcijn,

this works perfectly.

Solved that problem, now if I could just get this {*word*76}y trigger
working.....

Peter.

On Tue, 28 May 2002 11:29:31 +0200, "Martijn Tonies"

<m.tonies@upscene_remove.com> wrote:
>Have you tried www.clevercomponents.com - IBDataPump?

Other Threads