Main Form Caption & Win2K

I have having trouble with my D3 application. When I open a new file in I
set the Caption of the Main from with the text "Application  Name- Filename"
where file name is the file opened.

This sets OK in Win9x but on Win2K (and I believe also in WinNT) the Caption
goes blank.

If I  resize the form the Caption then displays

Any thoughts on what the problem is and solutions?

--
Randy Cecrle
DREC Software

Re:Main Form Caption & Win2K

In article <3b2bf88b$1_1@dnews>, Randy Cecrle wrote:
> I have having trouble with my D3 application. When I open a new file in I
> set the Caption of the Main from with the text "Application  Name- Filename"
> where file name is the file opened.
> This sets OK in Win9x but on Win2K (and I believe also in WinNT) the Caption
> goes blank.

If all you do is a

   Caption := format( 'myApp %s',[filename]);

then the only explanation i can offer is that you are using some component or
code that messes with the forms nonclient area for some purpose, e.g. to
draw a gradient caption. What you see is definitely not normal. Can you
reproduce it with a new, empty project that just sets the caption in the forms
OnClick handler?

Re:Main Form Caption & Win2K

My code is below.

tempTitle := applicationTitle+' - '+LowerCase(JustFileNameL(RvFileName));
RptViewFm.Caption := tempTitle;

I have created both a simple app in D3 and D5 like you suggested and cannot
duplicate in problem.

If you like, you can download the self-installing exe at
www.drecsoftware.com. The reports are in the sample directory.

Randy

"Peter Below (TeamB)" <100113.1...@compuXXserve.com> wrote in message

> In article <3b2bf88b$1_1@dnews>, Randy Cecrle wrote:
> > I have having trouble with my D3 application. When I open a new file in
> > set the Caption of the Main from with the text "Application  Name-
Filename"
> > where file name is the file opened.
> > This sets OK in Win9x but on Win2K (and I believe also in WinNT) the
Caption
> > goes blank.

> If all you do is a

>    Caption := format( 'myApp %s',[filename]);

> then the only explanation i can offer is that you are using some component
or
> code that messes with the forms nonclient area for some purpose, e.g. to
> draw a gradient caption. What you see is definitely not normal. Can you
> reproduce it with a new, empty project that just sets the caption in the
forms
> OnClick handler?

> No e-mail responses, please, unless explicitly requested!
> Note: I'm unable to visit the newsgroups every day at the moment,
> so be patient if you don't get a reply immediately.

Other Threads