blob size

Hi, i am using delphi 4, on windows 98, with sql 7.0

if i open the bde administrator from control panel. then click on the
cofiguration tab.
+ Drivers
+ ODBC
select SQL server

i dont have blob size field. Some of colleagues have a blob size
field, but i can't for the life of me work out why. Microsoft have
said this is bde problem (surprise), and i don't have borland support.
i have downloaded the latest bde drivers from borland.

currently my blobs are truncated to 32K, any help would be gratefully
received.

cheers,

david turner

Re:blob size

>i dont have blob size field. Some of colleagues have a blob size

change the "blobs to cache" from 64 to 63, close bde-admin, restart et
voila: there is a blob-size field.

ciao, jan

dokumentenmanagement und mehr: http://www.rsp.de/ vertriebspartner gesucht!

Re:blob size

spamfil...@rosinowski.de (Jan Rosinowski) wrote:

We tried this and it did not work.

Jim

>change the "blobs to cache" from 64 to 63, close bde-admin, restart et
>voila: there is a blob-size field.

>ciao, jan

Re:blob size

>>change the "blobs to cache" from 64 to 63, close bde-admin, restart et
>>voila: there is a blob-size field.
>We tried this and it did not work.

don't have sql 7 installed, works with sqlaw and oracle via odbc

do you use odbc and have you "commited" the change of "blobs to
cache"? the bde-admin-tool is, to be polite, a little strange

ciao, jan

dokumentenmanagement und mehr: http://www.rsp.de/ vertriebspartner gesucht!

Re:blob size

hi,

i too have made the changes you suggested, applied and shutdown, then
restarted opened bde administrator, still no blob size.

can you tell me how you found this fix? was it trial and error, or
have borland commented on this feature of the bde?

thanks for you help.

david turner. (dtu...@emis-support.demon.co.uk)

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:57:32 GMT, spamfil...@rosinowski.de (Jan

Rosinowski) wrote:
>>>change the "blobs to cache" from 64 to 63, close bde-admin, restart et
>>>voila: there is a blob-size field.

>>We tried this and it did not work.

>don't have sql 7 installed, works with sqlaw and oracle via odbc

>do you use odbc and have you "commited" the change of "blobs to
>cache"? the bde-admin-tool is, to be polite, a little strange

>ciao, jan

>dokumentenmanagement und mehr: http://www.rsp.de/ vertriebspartner gesucht!

Re:blob size

>can you tell me how you found this fix? was it trial and error, or
>have borland commented on this feature of the bde?

trial and error :-/

perhaps you should try to simply insert the key in the registry
manually.

hkey\lm\software\borland\database engine\settings\drivers\oracle7.3
v2.5\blob size=2048 was my friend (subst oracle by you mssql7)

ciao, jan

dokumentenmanagement und mehr: http://www.rsp.de/ vertriebspartner gesucht!

Other Threads