BDE and Native ACCESS driver : General SQl Server (-2147221164)

Hi, I'm Alfredo
I've some problems about BDE and Native ACCESS driver.
My application use database component with native ACCESS driver (BDE 5.01)
connecting to a file mdb (Access97).
In some computers I have no problems, in others, my application return this
error while attempting to connect to database:
-2147221164 - General Sql Error
It's the same connecting with BDE Control Panel too.
The problem doesn't exist in the same computer If I connect with ODBC (but I
can't use it because we would like easier installation !)
Anyone can Help me ?
Thank you very much
Alfredo

Re:BDE and Native ACCESS driver : General SQl Server (-2147221164)

Borland has a FAQ on this at
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/faq/FAQ2B.html.  MS moved the link in that
FAQ and Borland hasn't had a chance to update the link yet.  Here is the updated
link

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q141/2/94.asp

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
  (Please do not email me directly unless asked.  Thank You)

Re:BDE and Native ACCESS driver : General SQl Server (-2147221164)

Hi Alfredo,

I am trying Delphi 5.0 to develop an application for Win32 environment. It
should be based on cheap data base technology (Paradox, Dbase, Access, MS
Fox Pro, ...). My clients would not have money to install SQL server or any
other real database technology.
I am seriously considering  MS-Access  as the best solution instead of
Paradox because a lot of clients have Access at their companies so it could
be used as a very efficient tool for queries and specific reports needs.

Do you know if it's really a good choice (robust, performance, without bugs,
...)?

I intend to use BDE 5.01 or 5.11.

Thanks in advance,

Rubens - Brazil
r...@ajato.com.br

> I've some problems about BDE and Native ACCESS driver.
> My application use database component with native ACCESS driver (BDE 5.01)
> connecting to a file mdb (Access97).

Re:BDE and Native ACCESS driver : General SQl Server (-2147221164)

Hi

I'm using MS-ACCES in some of my apps and it works great in a stand alone
computer but in a small network enviroment the database get's corrupt very
often. MS-ACCESS has another problem the client's computer has to have DAO
installed. Paradox is a litle slow doing queries, so i'm think in change to
DBISAM, i'm doing some tests now, and i think i won't regret this.
-----
Departamento de Programa??o
Marco Antnio

Other Threads