Board index » delphi » Playing 16 bit stereo sound trought sound card

Playing 16 bit stereo sound trought sound card

Hi!

Does anyone know how to play 16 bit stereo sound (44.1 kHz) trought sound
card?
I know how to play 8 bit sound (using DMA and DSP commands). I saw
documentation for sound blaster 16 where is describet how to play 16 bit
stereo sound over it, but it doesn't seem to work with my OPL3 card.
Probably my DSP doesn't support SB16 commands.
Does anyone know how to play over simple sound card such as mine?
I set the DMA transfer, set the length, send the command that must start
playback, but nothing happens. It would probably work on SB16, but it has no
use with mine card...

Thanks forward,

        Tomy

 

Re:Playing 16 bit stereo sound trought sound card


Tomy <Tomislav.Mar...@Ck.Tel.Hr> schreef in berichtnieuws
85fcdk$11...@as102.tel.hr...

Quote
> Hi!

> Does anyone know how to play 16 bit stereo sound (44.1 kHz) trought sound
> card?
> I know how to play 8 bit sound (using DMA and DSP commands). I saw
> documentation for sound blaster 16 where is describet how to play 16 bit
> stereo sound over it, but it doesn't seem to work with my OPL3 card.
> Probably my DSP doesn't support SB16 commands.
> Does anyone know how to play over simple sound card such as mine?
> I set the DMA transfer, set the length, send the command that must start
> playback, but nothing happens. It would probably work on SB16, but it has
no
> use with mine card...

> Thanks forward,

>         Tomy

Hi Tomy,

About a year ago I did some programming with Soundblaster. I must admit I
know nothing about the code that 'talks' to the soundblaster (or soundcard..
whatever) but I used a TPU Unit, by Stefan Goehler, to simply let Turbo
Pascal play a WAV file.
All you need to do is learn what procedure or function to use (that only
takes a few minutes) and you hear your own programmed audio :-)
Look at:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/9553
A page by Stefan Goehler. Source code & TPU & Examples available for
download.

Bye, Skybyte
email: Skyb...@dds.nl

Re:Playing 16 bit stereo sound trought sound card


Thanks for helping, but this one does'nt seems to work on 16 bit. It detect
my card as 8 bit card and play an 8 bit sound (yea, I am sure that my card
is 16 bit :-)) )

Thanks anyway!

            Tomy

Quote
Skybyte <skyb...@dds.nl> wrote in message

news:85o150$g2v$1@news0.skynet.be...
Quote
> Tomy <Tomislav.Mar...@Ck.Tel.Hr> schreef in berichtnieuws
> 85fcdk$11...@as102.tel.hr...
> > Hi!

> > Does anyone know how to play 16 bit stereo sound (44.1 kHz) trought
sound
> > card?
> > I know how to play 8 bit sound (using DMA and DSP commands). I saw
> > documentation for sound blaster 16 where is describet how to play 16 bit
> > stereo sound over it, but it doesn't seem to work with my OPL3 card.
> > Probably my DSP doesn't support SB16 commands.
> > Does anyone know how to play over simple sound card such as mine?
> > I set the DMA transfer, set the length, send the command that must start
> > playback, but nothing happens. It would probably work on SB16, but it
has
> no
> > use with mine card...

> > Thanks forward,

> >         Tomy

> Hi Tomy,

> About a year ago I did some programming with Soundblaster. I must admit I
> know nothing about the code that 'talks' to the soundblaster (or
soundcard..
> whatever) but I used a TPU Unit, by Stefan Goehler, to simply let Turbo
> Pascal play a WAV file.
> All you need to do is learn what procedure or function to use (that only
> takes a few minutes) and you hear your own programmed audio :-)
> Look at:

> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/9553
> A page by Stefan Goehler. Source code & TPU & Examples available for
> download.

> Bye, Skybyte
> email: Skyb...@dds.nl

Other Threads