Delphi and mSQL ?

Hi,

        I was wondering if anyone has tried to connect to an mSQL server??
is it possible?? Has anyone tried it??

Thanks.

Re:Delphi and mSQL ?

> I was wondering if anyone has tried to connect to an > mSQL server?? is it possible?? Has anyone tried it??

Can't say for sure, but I believe mSQL has ODBC drivers for
Windows.  If so, it should be easily accessible from Delphi.

Re:Delphi and mSQL ?

Kelly Harrison (ke...@cro.kcr.uky.edu) wrote:

: Can't say for sure, but I believe mSQL has ODBC drivers for
: Windows.  If so, it should be easily accessible from Delphi.

        I highly doubt there are ODBC drivers for mSQL.  mSQL is very
limited in it's capabilities (ie. it does not support indices) and for
somebody to write an OBDC driver for it would be a waste of time.  Don't
get me wrong, I am very appreciative of the work the author of mSQL has
put into the package, but it's just not quite done yet.

Mike.

Mike Frisch                           Email: mfri...@saturn.tlug.org
Northstar Technologies                        Compuserve: 76620,2534
Newmarket, Ontario, CANADA

Re:Delphi and mSQL ?

You can either connect through ODBC or can purchase the client/server add
on for about $1000.  The add on is a direct link and works much better
(less problems and idiosyncracies) and faster.

Re:Delphi and mSQL ?

In article <406p5l$...@newsbf02.news.aol.com> rec...@aol.com (RECJAC) writes:
>From: rec...@aol.com (RECJAC)
>Subject: Re: Delphi and mSQL ?
>Date: 8 Aug 1995 00:28:37 -0400
>You can either connect through ODBC or can purchase the client/server add
>on for about $1000.  The add on is a direct link and works much better
>(less problems and idiosyncracies) and faster.

Hi,

        Do you mean the Delphi Client/Server package??

Thanks alot in advance.

Re:Delphi and mSQL ?

RECJAC (rec...@aol.com) wrote:

: You can either connect through ODBC or can purchase the client/server add
: on for about $1000.  The add on is a direct link and works much better
: (less problems and idiosyncracies) and faster.

Somehow I doubt that the C/S includes a driver for mSQL. The last attempt
at making a Windows driver for mSQL that I saw was buggy as hell, but
the source was there, and it was freely available on bond.edu.au.

--
Ebbe Jonsson, Systems Mangler                           e...@cardinal.fi
Tel: +358 53 553 53 97                                  e...@dbm.fi

Other Threads