I am new at this proggie stuff

Hey, all..
I just started learning how to prog.  Since I am a beginner I was wondering how
I could incorporate wavs, or video into a program...can anyone help???
Please write back at AlexGUru @ aol.com
Thanks all...
AlexGUru
                              AlexG...@aol.com

"Friends come in and out of your life, like busboys in a restaurant."  SK

~~~~~~~~~~Rebels don't make trouble, trouble makes rebels~~~~~~~~~~
                                 AlexG...@aol.com

Re:I am new at this proggie stuff

if you're using Borland Pascal / Turbo Pascal ,you can get my soundlib on
http://www.santi.demon.nl/downloads/sbunit40.zip

read / examine the examples carefully ,accesing a soundcard isn't easy...
although my soundlib is very easy use..

In article <19990130163814.11850.00001...@ng153.aol.com>,
  alexg...@aol.com (AlexGUru) wrote:

> Hey, all..
> I just started learning how to prog.  Since I am a beginner I was wondering
how
> I could incorporate wavs, or video into a program...can anyone help???
> Please write back at AlexGUru @ aol.com
> Thanks all...
> AlexGUru

A beginner wanting to put was and video in a program, you really know how to
cheer up people. I've been sorting out a mainframe production problem since
about 19.00 and I really needed a laugh!

Thanks

Robert

AlexGUru wrote:
> Hey, all..
> I just started learning how to prog.  Since I am a beginner I was wondering how
> I could incorporate wavs, or video into a program...can anyone help???

Eeeew! Wait, wait, wait! It's not that easy. If you think you're going to use a
procedure like PlayVideo(filename), then you are definitely too optimistic. You
will have to write it yourself or rely on other people's sources. If you want to
learn programming, you shouldn't start with multimedia.
Start with the basics - procedures, functions, data types, loops, and so on. Drab
stuff, but you won't do without it.

> Please write back at AlexGUru @ aol.com

No. :-) People who help you assume that you are polite enough to have a look at the
newsgroup sometimes. This is not a pizza service. You must go to the restaurant
yourself.

Re:I am new at this proggie stuff

>AlexGUru wrote:

>> Hey, all..
>> I just started learning how to prog.  Since I am a beginner I was wondering
>how
>> I could incorporate wavs, or video into a program...can anyone help???

>Eeeew! Wait, wait, wait! It's not that easy. If you think you're going to use
>procedure like PlayVideo(filename), then you are definitely too optimistic.
>You
>will have to write it yourself or rely on other people's sources. If you want
>learn programming, you shouldn't start with multimedia.
>Start with the basics - procedures, functions, data types, loops, and so on.
>Drab
>stuff, but you won't do without it.

Right now I do know how to do Procedures, loops, functions, recursions, and
stuff like that, but I was just wondering how hard something like this would
actually be.
Thanks for the help...I think...
                              AlexG...@aol.com

"Friends come in and out of your life, like busboys in a restaurant."  SK

~~~~~~~~~~Rebels don't make trouble, trouble makes rebels~~~~~~~~~~
                                 AlexG...@aol.com

Other Threads