Can a Delphi 5 made exe program run on a 486

Hi

Just wondering if it's a problem running a program created with delphi
5.0 running on a 486. I have one set up and networked to my main
computer. When I install my program on there it wouldn't run. It works
fine on my Pentium.

I get an error: Exception EAccessViolation.

If it won't then so much for my setting up the network to do some
testing :-)

Cheers
Don

Re:Can a Delphi 5 made exe program run on a 486

What OS are you running on the 486?  Is it a 486SX or DX?

Paul / ColumbuSoft
www.columbusoft.com

Don <donwa...@thezone.net> wrote in message

> Hi

> Just wondering if it's a problem running a program created with delphi
> 5.0 running on a 486. I have one set up and networked to my main
> computer. When I install my program on there it wouldn't run. It works
> fine on my Pentium.

> I get an error: Exception EAccessViolation.

> If it won't then so much for my setting up the network to do some
> testing :-)

> Cheers
> Don

Re:Can a Delphi 5 made exe program run on a 486

Sorry

I seem to have other problems. I tried two different programs on the
486 and they wouldn't run so I made a small bear bones program with
just a simple table, tried that and it ran fine. Back to the drawing
board.

Cheers
Don

On 26 Mar 2000 11:00:26 -0600, Don <donwa...@thezone.net> wrote:

>Hi

>Just wondering if it's a problem running a program created with delphi
>5.0 running on a 486. I have one set up and networked to my main
>computer. When I install my program on there it wouldn't run. It works
>fine on my Pentium.

>I get an error: Exception EAccessViolation.

>If it won't then so much for my setting up the network to do some
>testing :-)

>Cheers
>Don

Other Threads