PNG component anywhere ?

Hallo.

I'm searching for a component that can load PNG grafic files anyhow.

PNG is the successor of the GIF format and does a good job at compressing
files. As I need some background graphics in 256 colors and some basic
resolutions, I can't really use TBitmap with BMP TMetaFile with WMF files
as sizes are far to huge. My application should remain downloadable in
acceptable time.

Any reference would be appreciated. If not a VCL Component any C++-Source,
LIB File or just the documentation of the format would help.

        Thanks in advance, Kay

--
**********************************
* k...@edition.bonbit.org         *

Re:PNG component anywhere ?

I might be terribly wrong in this, but I seem to remember
that Dr.Dobbs Programming Journal wrote about that.

My tip is to do a search for backissues of Dr. Dobbs.

Dag Sunde
Global Shipping Data As
----------------------

Kay Hayen wrote:

> Hallo.

> I'm searching for a component that can load PNG grafic files anyhow.

> PNG is the successor of the GIF format and does a good job at compressing
> files. As I need some background graphics in 256 colors and some basic
> resolutions, I can't really use TBitmap with BMP TMetaFile with WMF files
> as sizes are far to huge. My application should remain downloadable in
> acceptable time.

> Any reference would be appreciated. If not a VCL Component any C++-Source,
> LIB File or just the documentation of the format would help.

>         Thanks in advance, Kay

Re:PNG component anywhere ?

In article <6Aki3WVx...@jocokko.edition.bonbit.org>, K...@jocokko.edition.bonbit.org (Kay Hayen) writes:

>Hallo.
>I'm searching for a component that can load PNG grafic files anyhow.
>PNG is the successor of the GIF format and does a good job at compressing
>files. As I need some background graphics in 256 colors and some basic
>resolutions, I can't really use TBitmap with BMP TMetaFile with WMF files
>as sizes are far to huge. My application should remain downloadable in
>acceptable time.
>Any reference would be appreciated. If not a VCL Component any C++-Source,
>LIB File or just the documentation of the format would help.

The ImageLib library from SkyLine tools handles .PNG.  You can contact
SkyLine at 72130....@CompuServe.COM

>        Thanks in advance, Kay
>**********************************
>* k...@edition.bonbit.org         *
>* gamemas...@edition.bonbit.org  *
>* Telefon: 0431/64526            *
>**********************************

HTH

-* Stephen *-
Stephen Posey
University of New Orleans
Email  : S...@uno.edu
WWW    : http://www.uno.edu/~slp

Re:PNG component anywhere ?

In a previous article you wrote:

>From: Dag Sunde <dagsu...@sn.no>
>Subject: Re: PNG component anywhere ?
>Date: Thu, 13 Jun 1996 08:45:26 +0200

>I might be terribly wrong in this, but I seem to remember
>that Dr.Dobbs Programming Journal wrote about that.

>My tip is to do a search for backissues of Dr. Dobbs.

>Dag Sunde
>Global Shipping Data As
>----------------------

>Kay Hayen wrote:

>> Hallo.

>> I'm searching for a component that can load PNG grafic files anyhow.

>> PNG is the successor of the GIF format and does a good job at compressing
>> files. As I need some background graphics in 256 colors and some basic
>> resolutions, I can't really use TBitmap with BMP TMetaFile with WMF files
>> as sizes are far to huge. My application should remain downloadable in
>> acceptable time.

>> Any reference would be appreciated. If not a VCL Component any C++-Source,
>> LIB File or just the documentation of the format would help.

>>         Thanks in advance, Kay

Try SkyLine Tools' product "ImageLib" :

                http://theclassifieds.com/skyLine_tools/

This library supports PNG, among others.

Art Miller
Internet Software Technologies
amil...@ist.ca   http://www.ist.ca/

Re:PNG component anywhere ?

Dag Sunde wrote:

> I might be terribly wrong in this, but I seem to remember
> that Dr.Dobbs Programming Journal wrote about that.

> My tip is to do a search for backissues of Dr. Dobbs.

> Dag Sunde
> Global Shipping Data As
> ----------------------

> Kay Hayen wrote:

> > Hallo.

> > I'm searching for a component that can load PNG grafic files anyhow.

> > PNG is the successor of the GIF format and does a good job at compressing
> > files. As I need some background graphics in 256 colors and some basic
> > resolutions, I can't really use TBitmap with BMP TMetaFile with WMF files
> > as sizes are far to huge. My application should remain downloadable in
> > acceptable time.

> > Any reference would be appreciated. If not a VCL Component any C++-Source,
> > LIB File or just the documentation of the format would help.

> >         Thanks in advance, KayWhy not check out the PNG Home (if you've got a Web browser) it's found

at http://quest.jpl.nasa.gov/PNG/ is has just about all the info you
need.

Re:PNG component anywhere ?

On Sat, 15 Jun 1996 12:02:04 +0100, Dominique Louis

<dlo...@savage.co.uk> wrote:
>Dag Sunde wrote:

>> I might be terribly wrong in this, but I seem to remember
>> that Dr.Dobbs Programming Journal wrote about that.

>> My tip is to do a search for backissues of Dr. Dobbs.

>> Dag Sunde
>> Global Shipping Data As
>> ----------------------

>> Kay Hayen wrote:

>> > Hallo.

>> > I'm searching for a component that can load PNG grafic files anyhow.

>> > PNG is the successor of the GIF format and does a good job at compressing
>> > files. As I need some background graphics in 256 colors and some basic
>> > resolutions, I can't really use TBitmap with BMP TMetaFile with WMF files
>> > as sizes are far to huge. My application should remain downloadable in
>> > acceptable time.

>> > Any reference would be appreciated. If not a VCL Component any C++-Source,
>> > LIB File or just the documentation of the format would help.

>> >         Thanks in advance, KayWhy not check out the PNG Home (if you've got a Web browser) it's found
>at http://quest.jpl.nasa.gov/PNG/ is has just about all the info you
>need.

The ImageLib component supports .PNG

Simon.