TPW - winsock ... Am I dreaming in technicolor?

        Looking at the public-domain code for winsock, I'm not surprised
that most all of it is in some flavor of C ... and it's nice to find some
of it in TP ... has anything been written in TPW? I'm wondering if
ObjectWindows support this at all ...

desperately avoiding C
ben

--
     |----------------                            -----------------|
     |   Bernard D. Tremblay (Ben)   |  Ben Tremblay & Associates  |

Re:TPW - winsock ... Am I dreaming in technicolor?

In article <4qn3ig$...@apollo.isisnet.com>,
ab...@ccn.cs.dal.ca (Bernard D. Tremblay) says:

>        Looking at the public-domain code for winsock, I'm not surprised
>that most all of it is in some flavor of C ... and it's nice to find some
>of it in TP ... has anything been written in TPW? I'm wondering if
>ObjectWindows support this at all ...

The first really popular WINSOCK.DLL, being Trumpets', was probably
written in TPW/BPW. I really suspect their newsreader, and mail client
being Pascal.

As a proof, running WinSight reveals a window classname 'TurboWindow',
which is the default classname for an OWL TWindow object.
On their ftp site you could find some pascal sources, a Winsock
interface unit among them...
This was two years ago (no idea what they do now).

>desperately avoiding C

You should be OK now.

  Zweitze de Vries                           zwei...@cyco.nl
  Cyco Software Development
  Handelskade 49
  Rijswijk, Netherlands                      (+31) 70 3954179

Other Threads