Ado And Decision Cube Widestring Bug??

I have a situation where i have to use ADO talking to Access97, using Delphi
5 enterprises decision cubes.
I have no problems with Number fields but if I try and use a Alpha field I
get a error message back to say that Widestrings are not supported in the
decision Cube.  Is there a known workaround? if not please can we have it
fixed ASAP.

Ben Wintringham

Re:Ado And Decision Cube Widestring Bug??

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999 13:47:49 -0000, "Ben Wintringham"

<b...@wintringham.com> wrote:
>I have a situation where i have to use ADO talking to Access97, using Delphi
>5 enterprises decision cubes.
>I have no problems with Number fields but if I try and use a Alpha field I
>get a error message back to say that Widestrings are not supported in the
>decision Cube.

Since Delphi itself is an ANSI only environment there is no
workaround. You have to convert the strings with the appropiate
Windows APIs to ANSI.

Regards from Germany

Franz-Leo

Re:Ado And Decision Cube Widestring Bug??

Thanks very much Franz, I have had a look at the decision cube source and it
looks very daunting to change.

Ben

Franz-Leo Chomse <cho...@csi.com> wrote in message

> On Mon, 6 Dec 1999 13:47:49 -0000, "Ben Wintringham"
> <b...@wintringham.com> wrote:

> >I have a situation where i have to use ADO talking to Access97, using
Delphi
> >5 enterprises decision cubes.
> >I have no problems with Number fields but if I try and use a Alpha field
> >get a error message back to say that Widestrings are not supported in the
> >decision Cube.

> Since Delphi itself is an ANSI only environment there is no
> workaround. You have to convert the strings with the appropiate
> Windows APIs to ANSI.

> Regards from Germany

> Franz-Leo

Other Threads