firing com events from a thread

Hi,

    I have develop a sample client/server application in order to test com
events. The event class in the server has a method that fires an event when
a button is pushed. In this way, everything goes well. Now I would like to
fire the same event from a thread in the server application. In order to do
that, the thread uses a global variable to access the event class instance.
When I execute the method that fires the event, the execution does not
generate any error but the client does not receive the event. Which is the
problem? Can I fire an com event from a thread?

Thanks in advance.

Re:firing com events from a thread

You'll have to perform marshaling from the source thread to the firing
thread. Tip #4 on my site.

--
have fun
Binh Ly

"forums.inprise.com" <jpques...@navegalia.com> wrote in message

> that, the thread uses a global variable to access the event class
instance.
> When I execute the method that fires the event, the execution does not
> generate any error but the client does not receive the event. Which is the
> problem? Can I fire an com event from a thread?

Other Threads