Exec 3.3B problems

I am having another problem with EXEC 33B.  My program is calling
do_exec in the following manner:

  status:=do_exec(CONFIG.ProgramLoc'WP.EXE',Parm,SWAP_USE,
    $FFFF,FALSE);

However, it is returning $0202: (Program file: Invalid path).  It
was working before, but now will not work at all.  The error occurs
in the findfile() function in the following section of code:

check := checkpath (fn, INF_NODIR, drive, dir, name, ext, fn);
if check < 0 then begin
   findfile := check;
   exit;
end;

I know for sure that the "fn" value prior to the checkpath() call
represents the full path name of an existing executable.

Do you have any idea of why do_exec is returning the "invalid path"
error.  I even have the C:\WP51 in my path, so it shouldn't matter
if I include the directory name or not.

Please help if you can.

Mike McWhinney
Elja, Inc.

Re:Exec 3.3B problems

>I am having another problem with EXEC 33B.  My program is calling
>do_exec in the following manner:

>  status:=do_exec(CONFIG.ProgramLoc'WP.EXE',Parm,SWAP_USE,
>    $FFFF,FALSE);

>However, it is returning $0202: (Program file: Invalid path).  It
>was working before, but now will not work at all.  The error occurs
>in the findfile() function in the following section of code:

>check := checkpath (fn, INF_NODIR, drive, dir, name, ext, fn);
>if check < 0 then begin
>   findfile := check;
>   exit;
>end;

>I know for sure that the "fn" value prior to the checkpath() call
>represents the full path name of an existing executable.

>Do you have any idea of why do_exec is returning the "invalid path"
>error.  I even have the C:\WP51 in my path, so it shouldn't matter
>if I include the directory name or not.

>Please help if you can.

>Mike McWhinney
>Elja, Inc.

I had a problem too with exec33b that results in an obscure message. I solved this
problem by looking at the example, shipped with the unit. I found out that in the
example there is a line that sets an environment variable. I dont know why, but
when I added this line in my programm, the unit works all right. Maybe you should
try to do the same.

Best regards,

UWE

Other Threads