Can I create App without taskbar icon ?

     How to do ? Possible ? I saw it from winamp property .

                                                                      TIA

                                                                     Pat

Re:Can I create App without taskbar icon ?

Yes you can, its called a ToolWindow, and you can specify these
attributes either from the WinAPI or VCL.

Sorry i cant help anymore, but I dont use Delphi

Brent

Re:Can I create App without taskbar icon ?

    You mean set BorderStyle to bsToolWindow ? Icon at taskbar still apear .
Can you or anyone give me some example ?
                                                                    Thank
you very much

Pat

Phattanapon Rhienmora wrote:
>      How to do ? Possible ? I saw it from winamp property .

I found this in the zip file of FAQs:

http://community.borland.com/downloads/

Is it posted anywhere else? I looked, but couldn't find it.

community.borland.com

Article #15574: Hiding your application from the Windows Taskbar.

 Question and Answer Database

FAQ574D.txt   Hiding your application from the Windows Taskbar.
Category   :VCL
Platform    :All
Product    :All 32 bit

Question:
How do I hide my application from the Windows Taskbar?

Answer:
To do this you will need to:
?
?Select the View -> Project Source, from Delphi's main menu.

?Add the Windows unit to the uses clause.

?Add Application.ShowMainForm := False; to the line after
"Application.Initialize;".

?Add: ShowWindow(Application.Handle, SW_HIDE); to the line
before "Application.Run;"

Your main project source file should now look something like
this:

program Project1;

uses
  Windows,
  Forms,
  Unit1 in 'Unit1.pas' {Form1},
  Unit2 in 'Unit2.pas' {Form2};

{$R *.RES}

begin
  Application.Initialize;
  Application.ShowMainForm := False;
  Application.CreateForm(TForm1, Form1);
  Application.CreateForm(TForm2, Form2);
  ShowWindow(Application.Handle, SW_HIDE);
  Application.Run;
end.

?In the "initialization" section (at the very bottom)
of each unit that uses a form, add:

begin
  ShowWindow(Application.Handle, SW_HIDE);
end.

?

7/16/98 4:31:28 PM

Last Modified: 01-SEP-99

--
David Marcus

Re:Can I create App without taskbar icon ?

Phattanapon Rhienmora heeft geschreven in bericht
<8d3rkr$5...@bornews.borland.com>...

>     How to do ? Possible ? I saw it from winamp property .

Hi there,

I use the following source in my project file:

  Application.CreateHandle;
  Application.Title := 'DG Groep mail controle';
  Application.ShowMainForm := False;
  Application.CreateForm(TForm1, Form1);
  Application.Run;
This prevents the application from showing anything on the screen. I
use this in conjunction with an icon entry in the SysTray next to the
Windows Clock.

Regards,

Arnold Snippe

Other Threads