Access violation ar address#---- in module VCL30.dpl

This error message used to appear only when I closed my project but now is
appearing every time I go from the form to the source code.  Can somebody
tell me why?

The error message doesn't appear with other projects  .

Re:Access violation ar address#---- in module VCL30.dpl

> Can somebody tell me why?

This is almost surely caused by a buggy third-party component you've
installed. Figure out which component the problem project uses that other
projects don't -- that will likely be the culprit.
--
Rick Rogers (TeamB)
www.componentfactory.com

Re:Access violation ar address#---- in module VCL30.dpl

> This error message used to appear only when I closed my project but now is
> appearing every time I go from the form to the source code.

In the designer, when the program is not running? YOu have a buggy component
in your project. Remove 3rd-party and self-written components one at a time
until the problem disappears to track down the suspect.

Re:Access violation ar address#---- in module VCL30.dpl

hehehehe
Happens to me all the time after I have run and used the de{*word*81} and then
stopped the program after a few times on my large app with many forms. And it
seems to get PROGRESSIVELY worse the more times I run it. So, what I do now is
after about 5 or 6 runs, I close out Delphi and then restart it.

Davie
P.S. Not much of an answer but at least you are not alone

In <VA.000044ab.009e6c66@petersnewbox> Peter Below (TeamB) (100113.1...@compuXXserve.com) wrote:

> > This error message used to appear only when I closed my project but now is
> > appearing every time I go from the form to the source code.

> In the designer, when the program is not running? YOu have a buggy component
> in your project. Remove 3rd-party and self-written components one at a time
> until the problem disappears to track down the suspect.

The only reason I know to do such effect is an attempt to
access some parts of some object that is not created yet.
It is hard to find part of code which consists such error
instruction, but you must do it to remove this message box.

--
George Pavlenko
mailto:em...@teleport.kiev.ua

Re:Access violation ar address#---- in module VCL30.dpl

In article <3861803A.CF8D...@earthlink.net>, Steve Fields wrote:

Steve, please do not post in HTML in these groups, not all
newsreaders can deal with it and it causes unnecessary overhead in
message size. See newsgroup guidelines at
http://www.borland.com/newsgroups/guide.html.

> And when it IS one of your own? Any ideas about how to,
> basically,  go about finding out WHY it is acting up? (just
> basic ideas needed,
> Thanks!)

It is hard to say what causes this error. The component is probably
trying to access an object that has already been destroyed or does
not yet exist. I have never done it but you should be able to debug
the package the component is in by loading it into the IDE,
rebuilding it with debug info, then set the Delphi IDe as the host
application for it in Run|Parameters. Run and open your project and
try to provoke the error. You should now be able to look at the
call stack window to figure out where in your component code the
error originated.

Re:Access violation ar address#---- in module VCL30.dpl

Peter, Thanks!

Also I know of not posting in HTML but sometimes I get
options set in my setup for other sites, etc. Sorry!

Steve Fields

Other Threads