bde error $2108

I am using a dbase file. The file is on pc and being accessed by other pcs
using
mapped drives. When i try to run my application, I get this error message
only from certain pcs.All pc are using the same map drive letter. We are
only reading data from the file. I want to know what this error code
means.

Re:bde error $2108

anilk36...@aol.com (AnilK36744) wrote:
> I am using a dbase file. The file is on pc and being accessed by other pcs
> using
> mapped drives. When i try to run my application, I get this error message
> only from certain pcs.All pc are using the same map drive letter. We are
> only reading data from the file. I want to know what this error code
> means.

$2108: Cannot locate IDAPI32.DLL

Jasper

Re:bde error $2108

        That error basically means the BDE either isn't installed
on that machine or it's a lesser version than is needed.

        Install the bde on whatever machines are doing this and you'll
probably be fine

--
Delphi and Paradox Consultant. Member: Borland Delphi Technical Support
             Most small questions answered for free!

              http://www.pagescape.com/fire/dbtech/

Re:bde error $2108

The error indicates that the program cannot find the IDAPIxx.DLL.
You need to update the registry entries (or win.ini on Win 3.1)
on the machines to let it know the location of the BDE DLLs.

Vijay
(R&D Manager, BDE and SQL Links)

AnilK36744 wrote:

> I am using a dbase file. The file is on pc and being accessed by other pcs
> using
> mapped drives. When i try to run my application, I get this error message
> only from certain pcs.All pc are using the same map drive letter. We are
> only reading data from the file. I want to know what this error code
> means.

Re:bde error $2108

bde error $2108 = System related (fatal error). Cannot locate IDAPIXX.DLL.
(Ref: Delphi 1 - delphi/doc/dbierrs.int)

Chris
c...@senet.com.au
'Home or Away' The sports team scheduler for Windows:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cfb

AnilK36744 <anilk36...@aol.com> wrote in article
<19970317170701.MAA22...@ladder01.news.aol.com>...

> I am using a dbase file. The file is on pc and being accessed by other
pcs
> using
> mapped drives. When i try to run my application, I get this error message
> only from certain pcs.All pc are using the same map drive letter. We are
> only reading data from the file. I want to know what this error code
> means.

Other Threads