ODBC in Delphi

Hello

I come from Visual Basic and Borland C. I'm tired of the performance of
VB4 and the complexitiy of BC. Perhaps Delphi is the best way for RAD?

Is there any way to use the Microsoft ODBC-API, without BDE?
Propably BDE would be the easiest way, but I don't want any
incompatibiliies!

Where can I get the ODBC-Header files in a version for Delphi.

Is there a Internet-page for Delphi-users?

Thanks
Frank!

Re:ODBC in Delphi

F.Weber wrote:

> Hello

> I come from Visual Basic and Borland C. I'm tired of the performance of
> VB4 and the complexitiy of BC. Perhaps Delphi is the best way for RAD?

> Is there any way to use the Microsoft ODBC-API, without BDE?
> Propably BDE would be the easiest way, but I don't want any
> incompatibiliies!

> Where can I get the ODBC-Header files in a version for Delphi.

> Is there a Internet-page for Delphi-users?

> Thanks
> Frank!

Yes, sure. Let you visit www.odbcexpress.com and try their ODBCExpress
package. 16-bit version is free of charge.

Best regards

                                Maxim Peresada
                                "Torry's Delphi Pages"
                                http://carbohyd.siobc.ras.ru/torry
                                mperes...@glas.apc.org

Re:ODBC in Delphi

F.Weber wrote:

> Hello

> Is there any way to use the Microsoft ODBC-API, without BDE?
> Propably BDE would be the easiest way, but I don't want any
> incompatibiliies!

        Yes there are three ways.
        1) Order ODBC Express (~$300US)
        2) Wait for Delphi 3.0
        3) Translate the Header Files yourself.

> Where can I get the ODBC-Header files in a version for Delphi.

        The C Versions are available from MS.  To translate
        them you could use Dr Bob's translator or just
        do it by hand.

> Is there a Internet-page for Delphi-users?

        The best one is the Delphi Super Page.
        http://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/delphi/

> Thanks
> Frank!