Delphi 5 Pro and Windows XP

Can anyone let me know whether or not Delphi 5 Professional will work with
Windows XP?

Wayne

Re:Delphi 5 Pro and Windows XP

Wayne,

I work with D5 on WinXP without any problems...

--
With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
E-mail: mshkol...@scalabium.com

Wayne Newark <wa...@zahadum.u-net.com> wrote in message

> Can anyone let me know whether or not Delphi 5 Professional will work with
> Windows XP?

> Wayne

Re:Delphi 5 Pro and Windows XP

Mike,

thanks for the information. Looks like I'll be investing in a copy of D5.

Wayne

"Mike Shkolnik" <mshkolnik2...@ukr.net> wrote in message

> Wayne,

> I work with D5 on WinXP without any problems...

> --
> With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
> E-mail: mshkol...@scalabium.com
> WEB: http://www.scalabium.com

> Wayne Newark <wa...@zahadum.u-net.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone let me know whether or not Delphi 5 Professional will work
with
> > Windows XP?

> > Wayne

Re:Delphi 5 Pro and Windows XP

Wayne Newark (wa...@zahadum.u-net.com) wrote:

: thanks for the information. Looks like I'll be investing in a copy of D5.

: "Mike Shkolnik" <mshkolnik2...@ukr.net> wrote in message
: news:akqso8$1nmd$1@news.dg.net.ua...
: > I work with D5 on WinXP without any problems...

Just to mention, the new Delphi 7 is the only version to
be released since XP, and the only one to officially support
it.  There are cautions against using XP Manifests and other
new interfaces with earlier versions of Delphi.

OTOH, if you can get Delphi Pro 5 for a good price now, that
may be a perfectly good investment to get you up and running.
Right now, Borland in the USA is offering a $299 upgrade to
D7 Pro for owners of any previous version of Pro, so that may
be something to consider as a next step when you're ready.
--
Rick Carter
carte...@email.uc.edu   Rick.Car...@ParadoxCommunity.com

Re:Delphi 5 Pro and Windows XP

On Sun, 1 Sep 2002 23:24:10 +0000 (UTC), carte...@news.ececs.uc.edu
(Richard Carter) waffled on about something:

>Wayne Newark (wa...@zahadum.u-net.com) wrote:
>: thanks for the information. Looks like I'll be investing in a copy of D5.

>: "Mike Shkolnik" <mshkolnik2...@ukr.net> wrote in message
>: news:akqso8$1nmd$1@news.dg.net.ua...
>: > I work with D5 on WinXP without any problems...

>Just to mention, the new Delphi 7 is the only version to
>be released since XP, and the only one to officially support
>it.  There are cautions against using XP Manifests and other
>new interfaces with earlier versions of Delphi.

>OTOH, if you can get Delphi Pro 5 for a good price now, that
>may be a perfectly good investment to get you up and running.
>Right now, Borland in the USA is offering a $299 upgrade to
>D7 Pro for owners of any previous version of Pro, so that may
>be something to consider as a next step when you're ready.

IIRC Delphi 5 works fine, except you have to make a slight mod to the
listview code. I'll try and find the details and repost them here.

Re:Delphi 5 Pro and Windows XP

"Wayne Newark" <wa...@zahadum.u-net.com> wrote in message

> Can anyone let me know whether or not Delphi 5 Professional will work with
> Windows XP?

Works without any problems, although I struggled to
install the latest D5 versions of QuickReport Professional
and QRDesign. So I reverted to what I used on Win98 before
(upgrading the machine seems to be a good time to
also update all the software, but no go. It may well be
that with spending some more time I would havve
gotten it to work).
D5 and the RXLibrary certainly work.

PR

Re:Delphi 5 Pro and Windows XP

Don't expect to be very happy when you try to debug a dll, tho....you
aren't going to like the workaround.

Sith

On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 12:23:27 +0100, "Wayne Newark"

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 22:05:32 -0300, Darth Hideous <m...@h.e.l.l.com>
wrote:

>Don't expect to be very happy when you try to debug a dll, tho....you
>aren't going to like the workaround.

>Sith

What are the problems ?

>On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 12:23:27 +0100, "Wayne Newark"
><wa...@zahadum.u-net.com> wrote:

>>Can anyone let me know whether or not Delphi 5 Professional will work with
>>Windows XP?

>>Wayne

Re:Delphi 5 Pro and Windows XP

You can not easily hit breakpoints that you set in your dll source
when running from a host exe.  You have to go through this whole
theatrical production of basically begging your system to show you
what is going on.  :)

If you actually want instructions on how to do it, I will post them.

Also, you may have trouble with a breakpoint that Microsoft seems to
have left on in one of their libraries.  Delphi hits it when you are
running your source in the IDE.  Your CPU window will pop up
constantly and you have to step over it.  There is a breakpoint fix
bpl posted on the community site at Borland.  Again, if you need help
with it, just post back here.

Sorry if I sound cryptic and that I took so long to answer this for
you, but I'm very sleepy......tired......crashing..............

Sith

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 07:03:15 GMT, Bounce_It_je...@iss.u-net.com_.bin

(J French) wrote:
>On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 22:05:32 -0300, Darth Hideous <m...@h.e.l.l.com>
>wrote:

>>Don't expect to be very happy when you try to debug a dll, tho....you
>>aren't going to like the workaround.

>>Sith

>What are the problems ?

>>On Sat, 31 Aug 2002 12:23:27 +0100, "Wayne Newark"
>><wa...@zahadum.u-net.com> wrote:

>>>Can anyone let me know whether or not Delphi 5 Professional will work with
>>>Windows XP?

>>>Wayne

Other Threads